Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-18-19, 05:45 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I unexpectedly took a week off exercise, mostly having to do with laziness on my part. But today I got back on the wagon with Leslie's Big Burn. I describe this one as 'fast, quick, easy and fun'. That pretty much says it all.

Last week Hubby hurt his shoulder at work, he went to the Dr who prescribed him ibuprophren and prednisone. He had a VA appointment Thursday for his hip and the PT said it was his back since his hip xray was clear. She gave him this little machine with two electrodes that make your muscles contact. He tried it on me and it felt like crickets stuck under my skin. Yuck. I'll let him try again when he plays with all the settings. And he has to do stretches each night which he's been very faithful about doing.

We went to see my parents Sunday, they told me not to bring food, between me and neighbors they have enough food for an army. We did get some Bday cake, the neighbor lady bought one for Dad who's Bday was Saturday. Dad is doing much better; still walking without aid but seems to be doing okay.

We did get the cable working, Hubby figured out how to make the print a bit bigger and got Amazon Prime, and that took a few days to get them to work together. He's more excited about the high speed but frankly I can't tell a difference.

Hope you are all doing well. I keep saying tomorrow is going to be a catchup day but I feel like I'm getting further behind.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 10:46 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Once again, I'm behind on posting, but some recent workouts are..
Sizzle and Chisel, More Cardio Options (glick), step (Petra K) and Andre Houle.

Penguin, I can't fault you for taking a few days off. Between Hubby and your parents, it sounds like you have your hands full!

Cambet, Paula - I actually did Rhythmic step not too long ago. I did enjoy it. This is probably from the era when she actually cued!

Tammie - much to my surprise, I think that the PT is actually doing me some good. I'm by no means 100% but every little improvement is a BIG improvement at this point.

SB - I know what you mean about doing workouts when you're not sure they are doing anything too much. I was just thinking to myself yesterday,that I've already slipped up on my resolution to do more stretching. AAArgh. Gotta get back on that, because I know it actually is important.

Julie, ...I hope to see you back here soon!
Old 02-20-19, 10:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

After a brutally tough weekend at work, yesterday I went gentle and did the Upper Body sculpting section of The Method Precision Pilates. Not impressed. I remember using The Method way back when on vhs and never feeling like they did much for me. I feel the same way after yesterday's workout. I do other pilates workouts and feel them working me but not this one. It could be me not fully engaging my muscles. Anyway I plan on another workout today, maybe pilates or weights, not sure yet. We're expecting some snow, sleet mix today but thankfully I'm off so won't be budging out of the house.

NORA, nice job with your workouts as always. Good to hear the PT is helping you!

PENGUIN, nice job getting back at it with Leslie. You have a lot going on so a rest week is all good. I hope the hubby heals quickly and glad dad is coming along.

CAMBET, I'm hit or miss with Jessica workouts. Sorry the one you did wasn't up to your expectations. I hope they can figure out a treatment plan for your knee. My boss said he would work on cutting my hours but he has to "get serious" about hiring a couple of people. Seriously?? We've been short handed for quite awhile now and he obviously didn't give a c**p! Now when I tell him I need to cut back on all these doubles he's finally going to hire people?? We were so short this past weekend and so busy I felt like a truck ran me over by Monday night. At any rate, I'm seriously thinking of doing early retirement in June and start collecting my SS. Then I really wouldn't be able to work more than one or 2 shifts a week.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 09:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday I did Leslie's 2 mile Belly Blasting walk. Fun stuff. I needed some cardio. Today I may actually walk outside because it's supposed to go into the 50s after yesterday's snow/sleet event. Crazy winter weather we've been having.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-21-19, 10:30 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my latest workouts. We did meet our new DIL last weekend. She was very nice. Hopefully things will work out ok. I did some workouts from Cathe's Strong and Sweaty series. I like this series much more than the Fit Split series. The pace is slower and it is more weight focused.

Friday (2/19) - Cathe Butts & Guts
Wednesday (2/20) - Cathe Strong and Sweaty: Ramped Up Upper Body + Cathe Butts & Guts - Bonus Abs
Thursday (2/21) - Cathe Strong and Sweaty: Cardio Slam + Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners: A Complete Program with 9 Practices - Core and More

Nora, I am glad the PT is helping significantly. How many sessions will you be taking? Nice workouts. You and Paula reminded me how much I miss the older step workouts. I did order Spicy Step from Mary. It was only $10 and it had 2 additional workouts on the dvd.

SB, hopefully you had a nice walk today. Good job with the Leslie workout. I find The Method workouts to be more of stretching or very light workouts. I had Precision Pilates years ago and gave it away. I have other Methods that I save for breaks from a heavy Cathe rotation or for stretching. It sounds like you are very frustrated with your job. Hopefully your boss will get serious about hiring people. I noticed in my last jobs that they would keep cutting people expecting the remaining employees to take up the slack. As long as people would work more and more overtime they would keep cutting or not replacing employees that were leaving. And we didn't get paid overtime. Then if someone got sick, it really hurt the company. It was even hard to cover when someone went on vacation. It seems pretty short-sighted to me.

Penguin, good job with the Leslie workout. I am glad your dad is doing better. I hope your mom is also healing. It is good your hubby is following his doctor's instructions. My DH finally started using the exercise bike his orthopedic spine surgeon told him to buy 3 years ago.

Cambet, I hope your doctor develops a plan that helps your knee pain. I am sorry the JS workout was a bust. Were the moves that bothered your knee more of a lateral move or a squatting type move?

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 08:25 AM  
cambet

Hi, Ladies,

Quick post since I have a hair appt this morning and need to leave soon.

Workouts for the week (it's been a JS kind of week ):

Monday - JS Cardio Step Jam

Tuesday - 2, 15 min JS walks (Belly Blaster and Dance Party from 15-Min Fast Fat Blasts).

Wednesday - All out interval cardio: 2-Mile Belly Fat Blast Interval Walk + Cardio Interval Abs and Steady Burn from 6-Mile Mix)

Thursday - JS 15- Min Calorie Burst from 3 Weight Loss Walks + Total Body w/o from WS3.

I also tacked on the 10-Min Dance Walk from 10 min Quick Walk Mix 2 or 3 nights to help me get to 10,000 steps before midnight.

If I can do a workout that won't cause me to sweat then I may do something later, although some of you may recall that getting my hair done at the salon is usually a no-workout day for me.

I'll chat more later. Waves to All!
Old 02-22-19, 09:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute outdoor walk!! It didn't quite hit 50 but it was really nice out. I have a double shift today so I may fit something short in before then.

CAMBET, great job with your JS week. Well done. I'm the same as you when I get my hair done. No workout that day .

TAMMIE, great workout week for you too. I hope things work out well for DS and DIL too. I'm glad your DH is finally using the recumbent bike. I was toying with getting one but the walking this week really seems to agree with my back (knock on wood). I don't want to jinx anything. Your previous job situations sound just like mine. People leave and don't get replaced and they work the remaining employees to death. Yes, a sickness or vacation totally leaves us short-handed. That's why I'm just going to take an early retirement. Nothing will change.

Old 02-22-19, 06:51 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello everyone. today I did the Pyramid LB from the new series. I liked it! I also tacked on Kari Anderson's Body Tech. Yesterday was Cardio Step (Andre Houle) and the day before Amy Bento's Hip Hop Walk.

Tammie - I hope you like Spicy Step. For $10 and 3 workouts, you can't really go wrong! I have that DVD too. Thanks for asking about my poor foot! I have 2 more sessions scheduled, and then I'm off to Mexico for a couple of weeks. I can def see an improvement though.

SB - Another double shift?? I thought your boss was going to do some hiring! grrr.

Cambet - I'm with you and SB on the no-sweat hair days! You've got some good consistency going there.
Old 02-22-19, 06:53 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I forgot that I have a question. Which DVD from the new series has the UB Pyramid workout? The LB one is on the Stacked Upper Sets, but I don't know where to find the UB one. There's a shoulder pyramid on the stacked LB, but not the whole thing. Anybody know?
Old 02-23-19, 09:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

I did the pretzel core toner from CF Lean & Toned before work yesterday. The pretzel usually helps my sciatic pain but when I don't have the pain I think the pretzel may trigger it . I knew I jinxed it by saying it felt better yesterday . Anyway yesterday was another rough one at work. I'm pretty worn out today so not sure what I'll do before work later this afternoon.

NORA, very nice workouts. Good to hear the PT is helping. Have a great time in Mexico!! Yeah my boss supposedly hired a couple of people but they have to be trained, yada yada yada. I'll believe it when I see it. I haven't looked into the LITE workouts so I can't answer your question. I thought there was a separate Pyramid Pump dvd??