Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-19, 04:20 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I am doing the 30 day trial too. The app is new so it may have some limitations. I ended up casting to my Smart TV via Google cast. I really like the workouts. They are a nice length and I like the exercises she includes. The set is very nice too. I have had some nice DOMS from doing these as well. I wish she had some of these on dvd. I stream a great deal, but mainly from YT.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 08:52 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Although I was enjoying Openfit, I've decided to cancel. The trial confirmed what I already knew--I just don't like streaming subscriptions. I have some sensitive body parts and I can't workout as frequently as I used to. That makes any recurring charge site not especially useful to me. I suppose if I were younger and hadn't already amassed a significant library of workout DVDs (and VHS tapes!) or had a wonkybit-free body, a subscription service like Openfit would be useful, but alas....

I do think it's a pretty good site. There is a nice variety of workouts and it's nice to have other options (not just yoga, or barre, or Instructor So-and-so.) I just have so many other resources, I can't justify paying for a subscription. And really, there is so much out there for free!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 09:43 PM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Although I was enjoying Openfit, I've decided to cancel. The trial confirmed what I already knew--I just don't like streaming subscriptions. I have some sensitive body parts and I can't workout as frequently as I used to. That makes any recurring charge site not especially useful to me. I suppose if I were younger and hadn't already amassed a significant library of workout DVDs (and VHS tapes!) or had a wonkybit-free body, a subscription service like Openfit would be useful, but alas....

I do think it's a pretty good site. There is a nice variety of workouts and it's nice to have other options (not just yoga, or barre, or Instructor So-and-so.) I just have so many other resources, I can't justify paying for a subscription. And really, there is so much out there for free!
I have to agree with most of this. I just don't think barre is for me, it aggravates my Morton's Neuroma and a twingy hip. There are just other forms of exercise I enjoy more and because I have an extensive collection I tend to do the same programs along with the many free workouts out there. There are also so many streaming services now with free trial periods that I can sample for a week or two and then move on.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 10:55 AM  
leigh1673

Just bumping this up because I recently activated my 30-day free trial. I've only done a few Xtend Barre workouts so far, but I have to say I am enjoying them! They have the "energy" of P57 that I enjoy, but I find them to be less... intimidating. It might be the 30 minutes vs 57 minutes?

I don't see myself doing them every day, but the ones I've tried so far have been challenging, yet do-able. I will probably try some of the Yoga workouts too, but really don't have any interest in the Tough Mudder or 600 second ones.

I also really like that I can stream the workouts directly to our TV through my Roku. Although I enjoy the online Barre3 and P57 workouts, not being able to stream them directly to my tv (without hooking up my laptop) ultimately made me cancel my subscriptions.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-19, 04:18 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Just bumping this up because I recently activated my 30-day free trial. I've only done a few Xtend Barre workouts so far, but I have to say I am enjoying them! They have the "energy" of P57 that I enjoy, but I find them to be less... intimidating. It might be the 30 minutes vs 57 minutes?
Yes, I really enjoyed the Xtend format for all the reasons you mentioned. As everyone knows, I love Physique 57, but at this season of my life, I just can't keep up with the pace and the dread factor started to kick in. Physique 57 streaming did have a lot of shorter workouts (than the 57 minute signature,) but I still found them more intimidating than Xtend.

At the end of the day, I'm just not a 'streamer.'
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 02:51 PM  
desertMermaid

Groupon has a free 60 day trial going on. https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-openfit. I’m really only interested in Andrea Rogers’ stuff right now, but there are other offerings, as well as coaching and eating plans.

So far I’ve done one week of XB pilates 3 week calendar. Today I did an xtend barre workout, day 1 from the 30 day calendar. There are 12 pilates and 30 barre videos, all 30 minutes. I love Andrea. I don’t mind her hyper-ness. I feel it’s a good mix of toning with some cardio. I like her choreography and larger range of motion. I had the original xtend barre dvd and alway liked her style. I’m glad to see more from her. However, it doesn’t sound like there is a plan to add or make any more XB videos. Anyway, I plan to alternate XB pilates and xtend barre for the next 2 months. 42 different workouts over the next couple months should provide a good deal of variety.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 02:55 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks for sharing desertMermaid!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 09:36 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
Groupon has a free 60 day trial going on. https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-openfit. I’m really only interested in Andrea Rogers’ stuff right now, but there are other offerings, as well as coaching and eating plans.

So far I’ve done one week of XB pilates 3 week calendar. Today I did an xtend barre workout, day 1 from the 30 day calendar. There are 12 pilates and 30 barre videos, all 30 minutes. I love Andrea. I don’t mind her hyper-ness. I feel it’s a good mix of toning with some cardio. I like her choreography and larger range of motion. I had the original xtend barre dvd and alway liked her style. I’m glad to see more from her. However, it doesn’t sound like there is a plan to add or make any more XB videos. Anyway, I plan to alternate XB pilates and xtend barre for the next 2 months. 42 different workouts over the next couple months should provide a good deal of variety.
Ha ha I just started another 2-week free trial because I was interested in her new XB Pilates. I've only done a few of them but I really like them so far!

On another note--I also recently tried a clip of her older "Lean and Chiseled" DVD and I did not like it nearly as much as Xtend Barre and XB Pilates. Also.... wow, I honestly would not have recognized her if I didn't know that was her teaching the class. She's a beautiful woman and she was adorable in the Lean and Chiseled video but she's much more.... enhanced(??) now than back then.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 11:39 AM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Ha ha I just started another 2-week free trial because I was interested in her new XB Pilates. I've only done a few of them but I really like them so far!

On another note--I also recently tried a clip of her older "Lean and Chiseled" DVD and I did not like it nearly as much as Xtend Barre and XB Pilates. Also.... wow, I honestly would not have recognized her if I didn't know that was her teaching the class. She's a beautiful woman and she was adorable in the Lean and Chiseled video but she's much more.... enhanced(??) now than back then.

I’ve been alternating her openfit barre and pilates for the last 3 weeks. I do either one or two videos back to back. I’ve completed 2.5 weeks of her barre 30 amp calendar and 1.5 weeks of her 21 day amp calendar. There is a hybrid calendar under her pilates program that alternates barre and pilates. I didn’t notice that until I was already a couple weeks in. I am definitely feeling challenged. I’m feel my heart rate increase and everything burns. I am very much enjoying my free 60 days but will likely be ready for something else when it is over. I wish I could just purchase her workouts as downloads.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
openfit