Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 02-20-19, 12:39 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Copy Me That

Do any of you use Copy Me That? I had heard of it before, but just took a closer look at it.

I get pretty much all my recipes online now, so I think I would get a lot of use out of it. Do you use it and would you recommend it?

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-19, 03:10 PM  
Lannette

I use the Paprika app, which is similar. I don’t know how we ever did without it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 07:24 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Copy Me That

I had just done some comparisons with Paprika App and Copy Me That. I chose Copy Me that as it seems to do everything Paprika does and free. Originally I started with Paprika but then the wanted too much $$. I need the app to be able to go across platforms. (and not charge me for it).

I like to be able to access all my recipes, ingredients, etc, from whatever device I'm on at the time. Can be Ipad, PC, android phone, old ipad, laptop, etc, etc. Paprika wanted a fee for every device. So I'd be nickel and dimed to death ....

I played with Copy Me That this weekend and LOVE it ... I still have to get to the list and meal planning part, but I did play with it this weekend and it appears to be able to do all I want it to do.

I did google comparisons and there are write ups on them. Copy Me that works well for me. . .

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 07:54 PM  
Lannette

I’ve just used Paprika since right after it came out so it’s all I know. I paid once and have been using it ever since. If you’re able to get something that does everything it does for free then I’d say go for it and enjoy!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 02-22-19, 08:02 PM  
Lannette

Interesting thing and now curious to me. I have paprika on my iPad and my old but still used android phone. I just got a new iPhone XR and was able to download the paprika app to it free of charge. I don’t know what they cost now but my Android phone app was $4.95. My MacBook Pro app cost $20.00 way back when IIRC. Hindsight, I wish I hadn’t bothered with computer because I do everything including grocery lists on my phone.

Old 02-22-19, 09:14 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Paprika

Somewhere along the line I got an offer to try it ..
Oh I know what it was --- new to Android (I'm an android phone user, but Ipad user ... PC is also Windows) ....

The app for android was an introductory price of $2.95 (I think)... the app was free, but wouldn't sync with the cloud to use across other platforms unless I used the paid version (upgraded). And when I went to buy the full version, the offer must have been old and it was the $4.95. I sent an email to customer service and NEVER heard back from them. (not a good sign for me).

. I use the PC a lot so I really wanted it for that. It's just bigger and easier for me for typing, for making the menus, etc . So, then the full version for the PC was $20 or maybe $30 ?!? I forget. . . but I would need to pay for that to enable the cloud syncing to use on the already purchased (but actually didn't) android device, and if I wanted to eread/use it with my Ipad, I could download the app, but again would have to pay the fee so I could sync it with the cloud. . . That is if i read everything correctly (and I'm fairly certain I did) ....

That's what sent me searching for a substitute. I did like the Paprika app and what it had to offer, but wanted to see if there was anything that would be comparable. (Cuz I'll be the first to tell you, I'm a lemming and then I just let it sit ......) Silly to pay for that ....

that's what sent me to the Copy Me That app ...
and from what I understand, it's gone through some evolutions and upgrades over time, so it was not this good originally. I think Paprika had the market on it for a longgggggggggg time and became the benchmark.

Ask me in a month if I'm still using it.
Don't put money on it - the answer will probably be no.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-19, 02:04 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Thanks for the feedback, Lannette and Cleda! I think I will give it a try.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy me that, paprika