Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-19, 08:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
As I get older, I'm less interested in make up and more interested in having really good (smooth, bright, moisturized) skin, but I don't want to use a ton of products. I might consider facials, etc., if they are proven to work.

Do any of the you tube gurus focus on skin care and skin care routines without a bunch of the gimmicky stuff? I used to like Paula's Choice a lot, but now she has way too many products. TIA
Angie of Hot and Flashy does a lot of skin care videos in addition to her makeup videos and even fashion videos too. She uses a ton of skin care products though and her routine is way too long and intensive for my tastes. Plus she has had some procedures done too but she does disclose that in the videos. She is very thorough with her reviews and explains all the ingredients and what they do for your skin so she's helpful in that respect.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-19, 09:29 AM  
desderata

Thank you, Summer Breeze!
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-19, 09:54 AM  
sherry7899

I honestly have stopped watching the you tube makeup channels. I don't have the skill, patience, money or time for such long makeup routines. Do people really do this for everyday life? Nothing against anyone who does, of course

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-19, 10:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I honestly have stopped watching the you tube makeup channels. I don't have the skill, patience, money or time for such long makeup routines. Do people really do this for every day life? Nothing against anyone who does, of course
LOL, Sherry. I do like watching them as entertainment but there is no way I spend that much time and money on makeup. I have my makeup routine under 3 minutes now .
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-19, 10:20 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
LOL, Sherry. I do like watching them as entertainment but there is no way I spend that much time and money on makeup. I have my makeup routine under 3 minutes now .
My routine is the same.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-19, 11:27 AM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I hope so. I just took a quick peek at the videos she posted today and she looks the same to me.
Maybe it was the clothes and lighting in the video I watched.

And it takes me a good 20 min to get my makeup on for work. I enjoy it and it is a relaxing thing, putting on my makeup.

Not that I can't get ready in 5 min if I need to. I just enjoy the longer 20 min or more to get my eye shadow just right, you know.
Old 02-14-19, 07:50 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I honestly have stopped watching the you tube makeup channels. I don't have the skill, patience, money or time for such long makeup routines. Do people really do this for everyday life? Nothing against anyone who does, of course
I get this, I like to watch them but have drastically reduced my time spent watching beauty videos on YT. I neither have the skill, time or patience either. Over the last couple years I have enjoyed experimenting with makeup but have realized that less is more for me anyway, and too much makeup looks ridiculous on me, so I am back to my more basic looks. It was fun while it lasted though, and my nieces have reaped the benefits of all my reject purchases, they can't get enough but they are young enough where they can get away with tons of color.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-19, 08:43 PM  
sunday

I’m 54 in a couple of weeks, and the older I get the less I use and the better it looks. My main priority is glowing skin so I get regular peels and facials.

And for about the last 10 years I won’t wear anything matte. I use tinted moisturizer, concealer, mascara, brow gel, liquid blush and lipstick. I stopped any powder in my early 40s. I prefer some glow and shine to any flat matte look. I’m naturally oily and hated shine but I read it looks more youthful, and I agree.

For most of my makeup I use Perricone’s No Makeup Makeup line.
https://www.perriconemd.com/no-makeu...SAAEgIP5fD_BwE

For skin care I switch off between PCA, Mario Badescu, Bio Elements and Murad. I switch it up all the time.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-19, 12:50 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
As I get older, I'm less interested in make up and more interested in having really good (smooth, bright, moisturized) skin, but I don't want to use a ton of products. I might consider facials, etc., if they are proven to work.

Do any of the you tube gurus focus on skin care and skin care routines without a bunch of the gimmicky stuff? I used to like Paula's Choice a lot, but now she has way too many products. TIA
That’s why I liked Dr Dray back in the early days of her videos. She was all for simplifying, using less products, which I think is healthier for your skin.

Most of the You Tubers use too many products. I think a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, a retinoid, and sunscreen is all you need, at least for topical skincare. A glycolic acid peel done by a professional would probably give you that glow.
Old 02-15-19, 01:01 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Well I pretty much wear no makeup and have close to zero hair and clothing skills which is why I thought it might be interesting and informative to see what's out there and maybe learn a 'trick' or two. A little savvy advice would be good, but I've no time for or interest in a multitude of products.

And along those lines... I miss the old What Not to Wear show! Is there anything like that out there these days?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, drdray, hotandflashy, mature beauty, skin care, youtube beauty