Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-19, 08:17 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I like Dr Dray, but I know she's controversial because of her eating disorder. But most of her skincare advice is still good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
I tried and tried to watch her, but I just can't. She looks too unhealthy for me. I can't. I know she knows her stuff, but I had to unsubscribe. She also posts far too much.
I checked out Dr. Dray's channel and was troubled to be honest. She's not for me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-19, 11:10 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I checked out Dr. Dray's channel and was troubled to be honest. She's not for me.
I just can't watch her. I love her advice, but I can't see her. Reminds me of someone I knew who looked like her and died of anorexia. I just can't.
Old 01-28-19, 03:47 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
First, my daughter would watch her without looking at the screen, while doing other stuff. She couldn't bear to watch her either. Then, she stopped altogether. I only watched one or two of her videos. I can't. I don't expect people to look perfect, but that's just taking things too far for me. It's just not healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Reminds me of someone I knew who looked like her and died of anorexia. I just can't.
How sad. Eating disorders are just so sad. I know this might sound a bit insensitive or something, but I'm surprised that Dr. Dray being a physician and all, would allow herself to get like this. Yes, I know that there are all sorts of doctors - smokers, recreational drug users, obesity, etc. - but this is right in the viewer's face. Just surprised.
Old 01-28-19, 11:54 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I didn't know Dr. Dray had an eating disorder.

I stopped watching her when she filmed an episode while driving.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 02:19 PM  
hypnomoon

Dr Dray isn't for me either. I thought she looked like she had an eating disorder but wasn't sure until now. She doesn't always give out info that I believe to be true regarding skincare and such.

I do like Beauty and the Bargains. Tara does some really good homework/research before she shares info on her channel. She has turned me on to many skincare products that work for me. I wish she didn't use so much Botox though. Her face is frozen.

Another I like is Little Poet. She's got life lessons/thoughts interwoven into her videos. However, she got me started on rosehip seed oil and then carrot seed oil. I love both!
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 11:16 PM  
Leonana

Another channel that has really good scientific info is Lab Muffin. She also has a blog. She's a chemist from Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg6...hvWMg/featured

My favorite is a podcast, The Beauty Brains. They are two cosmetic chemists that work in the industry. They also have a blog.

http://thebeautybrains.com/blog/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
I do like Beauty and the Bargains. Tara does some really good homework/research before she shares info on her channel. She has turned me on to many skincare products that work for me. I wish she didn't use so much Botox though. Her face is frozen.

Another I like is Little Poet. She's got life lessons/thoughts interwoven into her videos. However, she got me started on rosehip seed oil and then carrot seed oil. I love both!
I like Beauty and the Bargains too. She has a lot of good info on tretinoin. I also like Little Poet. Her dog is really cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I didn't know Dr. Dray had an eating disorder.

I stopped watching her when she filmed an episode while driving.
Yeah, she does that a lot. Most of the vloggers on You Tube talk while driving, and everyone seems to accept it. Although, now that you mention it, it's probably not that safe.
Old 02-13-19, 03:32 PM  
rhbrand

Just a quick note.

I saw a video with Dr Dray last week, and it looks like maybe she's getting help. She's not quite as bone thin as she was. So maybe she's getting treatment for her disease. I hope so, for her sake.
Old 02-13-19, 04:33 PM  
desderata

As I get older, I'm less interested in make up and more interested in having really good (smooth, bright, moisturized) skin, but I don't want to use a ton of products. I might consider facials, etc., if they are proven to work.

Do any of the you tube gurus focus on skin care and skin care routines without a bunch of the gimmicky stuff? I used to like Paula's Choice a lot, but now she has way too many products. TIA
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-19, 04:50 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I appreciate all the suggestions!

I can't watch Dr. Dray, either. I struggled with an eating disorder during my gymnastics years. I hope she is getting help.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-19, 10:16 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Just a quick note.

I saw a video with Dr Dray last week, and it looks like maybe she's getting help. She's not quite as bone thin as she was. So maybe she's getting treatment for her disease. I hope so, for her sake.
I hope so. I just took a quick peek at the videos she posted today and she looks the same to me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, drdray, hotandflashy, mature beauty, skin care, youtube beauty