Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-13, 03:01 PM  
sophiesmom

Thanks! That is a good deal.
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 03:26 PM  
desie

Thanks for the explanation between Zwow and Zshred. Perhaps soon I will get brave enough to actually do one of Zuzka's workouts instead of just watch them.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 03:33 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I have this and love it...it's intense, but shorter (only 10 minutes) and less intense than Zuzka. I usually pick 1 and use it after a strength workout as a finisher. For me, I wouldn't call it "Zuzka for beginners" however. Zuzka has some beginners workouts in her ZGym and a few on YouTube. I find Zuzka's beginners workout easier than some of the 10 MS HIIT workouts, I highly recommend the 10 MS HIIT
It may have been me that said the 10MS HIIT is like Zuzka for beginners I don't have Zuzka's online subscription workouts, just her DVDs, and the only "beginner" workout on her DVDs is on ZRopes, which is only six minutes long but has jump rope intervals with mountain climbers, plyo lunges, and competition burpees (20 reps of each). I use it as a finisher, but still feel I get a little more out of it than a 10 minute chapter in 10MS HIIT except for the hardest chapters, HIIT 101 and HIIT Explosion. The other three chapters in 10MS HIIT are more intermediate. I guess I do a lot of Horizontal Conditioning so the plank work doesn't tax me, and the plyo work isn't as long or hard as Zuzka or others, which is why I thought this would be like Zuzka for beginners.

I still enjoy 10MS HIIT for lighter days or as add ons, and as I mentioned I don't have Zuzka's online subscription so I am not really comparing those as much as her ZCuts/ZRopes on DVD.

I have read that Bob's Skinny Rules DVDs are easier than Zuzka (and they look to not have as much variety-but that can be tough, too) and will probably pick them up one of these days, but with so many Zuzka workouts to keep me occupied, just haven't hit buy yet.
Old 11-05-13, 07:20 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
ZWow refers to her Workout of the Week. I haven't done a ZShred, but I think it is a more weight-oriented workout than ZWows which are cardio. I may be wrong so hopefully someone can correct me if I am.
ZWows are a mix of different types of workouts, though they all get your HR up there. They're basically the free workouts she posted on YouTube before moving to the subscription model.

This site has a handy tag search function: http://litealloy.com/workouts/tags

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-13, 08:47 AM  
jerebo

Thanks for the info, everyone--and for breaking down the Z-gym beginner workouts. Perhaps they might be the ticket. But I admit that JNL Fusion has tempted me, with one caveat. I don't like the body "parts" type of structure that the weight workouts have. I prefer to do full body. But I like breaking up the strength with cardio, and it's probably not so different than the Skogg KB workouts I'm doing right now--at least the interval and roots workouts.

Tags
zgym, zuzka light