Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-13, 08:04 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Plus, she's really into rescuing dogs and has 9 in her care right now, so she is plenty busy taking care of them. One of them is a special needs dog.
OMG I love her.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 12:14 PM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Have you done any of her workouts?

They pack a ton of punch in a short period of time. They are tough! I think you need to do one of the workouts before coming up with a plan. Once you do her workouts you'll have a better feel on how to work them in.

Zuzana does add weights to some of her workouts. ZWOW #54, today's Youtube workout is a perfect example on how Zuzana incorporates weights. I did it this morning. I used what is light for me, 10 lb. dumbbells for the lunge/jump lunge/side kick combo, and 12 lb dumbbells for the push up/side plank jumps/dumbbells rows and I was sweating buckets and my heart rate was high! It's one tough workout if you use challenging weights.

Zuzana is a huge believer in active rest. She does a lot of hiking, etc. She is on the move all the time. Plus, she's really into rescuing dogs and has 9 in her care right now, so she is plenty busy taking care of them. One of them is a special needs dog.

She also eats pretty darn clean. She does have quite the sweet tooth and it's something that she fights all the time. But I would say that she eats clean 90+ percent of the time.
I did ZWOW 54 today too!! I started with a short WU, ZWOW 54, some shoulder work and then Blissology yoga Friday (since a 2013 resolution was more YOGA!) . 90 min total since Sat is a longer day for me usually. what did you combine with yours?

I haven't used her workouts faithfully or in any kind of rotation before - just bits & pieces here and there with other stuff. I was wondering if the ZCUTS were being promoted as enough on their own as I am getting the DVDs soon. But even if they were I know I'd want to do more (mentally if nothing else) -- and would nned too since as much as I'd love to have more active rest - 2 hours daily commute and an office job 5 days a week put a real damper on that! But a few of these a week will be a nice change for Feb!

I have been working (slowly but surely) on the cleaner eatting part too! She's inspiring on that front as well
Old 02-02-13, 02:41 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75 View Post
I did ZWOW 54 today too!! I started with a short WU, ZWOW 54, some shoulder work and then Blissology yoga Friday (since a 2013 resolution was more YOGA!) . 90 min total since Sat is a longer day for me usually. what did you combine with yours?

I haven't used her workouts faithfully or in any kind of rotation before - just bits & pieces here and there with other stuff. I was wondering if the ZCUTS were being promoted as enough on their own as I am getting the DVDs soon. But even if they were I know I'd want to do more (mentally if nothing else) -- and would nned too since as much as I'd love to have more active rest - 2 hours daily commute and an office job 5 days a week put a real damper on that! But a few of these a week will be a nice change for Feb!

I have been working (slowly but surely) on the cleaner eatting part too! She's inspiring on that front as well
How did you like ZWOW #54?

This was my workout yesterday. It included ZWOW #54

Feb 1:
Zumba 32
ZWow #54-10 lb. weights for lunge combo, 12 lb weights for push up/bent row combo
Tonique Premiere 2-Disc #1
My own bridge work-30 reps each exercise-6 exercises

It looks like her ZCUT workouts will be body weight only circuits, which really is her signature. Mixing up her weighted work will be icing on the cake.

I've said it before, there really isn't a right or wrong way to do her workouts. Whatever works for you, and however you choose to use them is entirely up to you.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 05:51 PM  
jazzy75

Quote:
How did you like ZWOW #54?

This was my workout yesterday. It included ZWOW #54

Feb 1:
Zumba 32
ZWow #54-10 lb. weights for lunge combo, 12 lb weights for push up/bent row combo
Tonique Premiere 2-Disc #1
My own bridge work-30 reps each exercise-6 exercises

It looks like her ZCUT workouts will be body weight only circuits, which really is her signature. Mixing up her weighted work will be icing on the cake.

I've said it before, there really isn't a right or wrong way to do her workouts. Whatever works for you, and however you choose to use them is entirely up to you.
I liked it but was surprised it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be from watching the preview.

we were in synch yesterday - my warm up was a few of my fave Zumba songs/dances from my classes!

I'm having fun with super sets this week with cardio bursts in between (just my own routines based on favorite moves and drills) Think I'll plan to do my weights that way for FeB as I have some good DOMS going and good cal burns too. So these will work with that some I think.
Old 02-02-13, 06:39 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75 View Post
I liked it but was surprised it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be from watching the preview.

we were in synch yesterday - my warm up was a few of my fave Zumba songs/dances from my classes!

I'm having fun with super sets this week with cardio bursts in between (just my own routines based on favorite moves and drills) Think I'll plan to do my weights that way for FeB as I have some good DOMS going and good cal burns too. So these will work with that some I think.
I love the Zumba Zin workouts. Zin 32 gets me sweaty.

I thought #54 was pretty tough. I used 10 lbs for the lunge combo, and 12 lbs for the push up/row combos. It was a time challenge, and I completed it in 12:32.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 03:17 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Reviving this old thread just to say how great these short cardios are as an addition to your main workout of the day.
I did # 5 and 7 today after BB Back and Bis and it was just perfect. You go Zuzka!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 08:38 PM  
isebelleg44

These workouts are awesome and one my best purchases! She is making it possible for me to add more cardio into my routines, because I can talk myself into adding in 10 minutes to my workouts. Today I did #8, which is my favorite so far. It is very doable, because she goes slower here. I also like that she does 6 different exercises and how they are sequenced. This one is a little longer than her others and clocks in at a whopping 15 minutes! Onto disc #3!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 08:00 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
These workouts are awesome and one my best purchases! She is making it possible for me to add more cardio into my routines, because I can talk myself into adding in 10 minutes to my workouts. Today I did #8, which is my favorite so far. It is very doable, because she goes slower here. I also like that she does 6 different exercises and how they are sequenced. This one is a little longer than her others and clocks in at a whopping 15 minutes! Onto disc #3!
Okay, I will do 8 today.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 08:16 AM  
wellnesswife

Yay! Zuka is great...I love how she does it all & gets out of breath like me! Got my hubby to try her & we both will be doing these add one!

Small gripe--- couldn't 1 Dvd fit all the workouts? 120 mins is movie length. But glad they come in real cases....I'm just running out of space
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 05:42 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
The day my DVD's arrived, I got the flu. So I've had them for 2 weeks and haven't been able to try a workout until today. I did #1 and I LOVED IT. It was a perfect add on for Athletic step. I'm going to try to add on one daily when my workouts are under 60 minutes. These will be great for travel.

I get why you really don't need the DVD's to do her workouts . . . but it's nice to have a partner while I'm suffering.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zcut, zuzana, zuzka light