Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-14, 12:41 PM  
TuesdayTaylor
VF Supporter

newer titles similar to Petra Kolber's Liquid Grooves

I absolutely love Petra Kolber's Liquid Grooves workout - other than the TIFT issue - it's perfection for me. Fun, free flowing graceful movements, Petra's polite cheerful instruction and THE MUSIC. I adore the music! Any other dvds have similar 'vibe" in terms of movement and music? I'm open to anything dance/yoga/barre/toning/Classical stretch etc.

I said "newer" titles - as in the last 5 years. I'm really out of touch with what's available to a VFer these days - I haven't been buying much of anything in years and also not active on these boards.

Thanks so much!
TuesdayTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 05:10 PM  
donnamp

I love Liquid Grooves also - similar workouts would be Chantal's Soul Sweat, Misty Tripoli's Delicious Dance (or others from Misty - Body Groove), Petra's BREATHE workouts, BellyFit, Shiva's Trance Dance, Doonya, Ravi/Ana's Dance the Chakras.

This is one I don't have, but it is on my Amazon wish list - The Gabrielle Roth Collection - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001610TI/...=IN7WG39BZY2NH

I should make it a point of doing these more often, they are so uplifting!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 10:42 AM  
TuesdayTaylor
VF Supporter

Thank you so much, Donna! Your title suggestions are VERY helpful!! I own Dance the Chakras (will do it today!) and the rest - looking forward to exploring. I'll let you know if I buy any Gabrielle Roth!
Old 09-02-14, 11:55 AM  
curious621

This may be out there a bit but Dance of the Inches Sizzling Salsa makes me happy! Also consider Jennifer Galardi's Sweating Sexy, Christi Taylor's Pure Cinnamon, and Petra's 321 Dance and Cardio for Beginners (although those TIFT a lot!) Oh, and maybe Christi Taylor's Fit to Dance for variety.
curious621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 12:00 PM  
donnamp

Tuesday - You're welcome!!! Actually, I think way back when, about 11 years ago you and I were in the pre-natal check in together!!! My DD just turned 11 - hard to believe how time flies.

Curious - those are good suggestions, too! I should try Christi's workout. And I love Petra's 3-2-1 dance

Donna
Old 09-02-14, 12:09 PM  
dlg

not a dvd, but petra does classes on fitnessglo.com (a streaming website) and she's got tons of dance classes on the site.
dlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 07:49 AM  
TuesdayTaylor
VF Supporter

curious621 ... I'll check out those titles too. I like the title, "Pure Cinnamon". I'm not familiar at all w/ Christi - will check her out. Thank you very much!

dlg Another thank you to you - thanks for sharing that link. Again, I'm so out of touch (feeling like a dinosaur) - had no idea the world of live streams for fitness. I think Petra's a fitness "gem" - really a delightful upbeat personality that seems to invigorate me just with her smile!

Donna I mentioned you to my husband, actually earlier this week. I was saying to him, "Remember when I was on that site called videofitness ... when I was pregnant and commuting to work ...". I mentioned that I had checked in again recently and saw some familiar names. Who knew the Internet, VF and we would all come such a long way. Yes, my eldest son turned 11 in May, Donna! Exciting but bittersweet in a way too. I'm glad you remembered!
Old 09-03-14, 08:13 AM  
JENILU

This is Barb's (horsemom2) link, so I hope she doesn't mind me sharing, but this Lady's classes/videos remind me a lot of Liquid Grooves:
http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...#video=x124hbz

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 09:56 AM  
sherry7899

I second the suggestion for Barefoot Dancer (thanks Jenilu and Barb!) They are easy to fit in when you're short on time, and I love the music and full body movement.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 10:39 AM  
donnamp

Oh, gosh, I forgot about Barefoot Dancer! I have a few of her DVDs that I think were from her TV show. They are on Amazon for pretty good prices.

They are Yoga Dance: Fire, Yoga Dance: Earth and Yoga Dance: Water. Each "episode" is about 20 minutes.

Fun!

Tuesday - I know, hard to believe my "baby" turned 11 in August and just started 6th grade. she is 5 feet tall and wears the same shoe size as me. EEK!

Donna