Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-14, 09:55 PM  
kakk08

Smile TA fans please help

I would like to try Meta but due to my shoulder problem I can't do too many "on all fours" moves; I tried the Precision Toning today and I had to stop at the Butt section and the second half of the abs section. I am tempting to get either Meta Omni or Abs but not sure which one has less "on all fours" moves. Please help since I don't want to waste my money if I can't do the moves; I loved the mat workout since is mostly standing and the floor work was short and the abs section is all done on the back. Thanks for any suggestion.
kakk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-14, 11:30 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakk08 View Post
I would like to try Meta but due to my shoulder problem I can't do too many "on all fours" moves; I tried the Precision Toning today and I had to stop at the Butt section and the second half of the abs section. I am tempting to get either Meta Omni or Abs but not sure which one has less "on all fours" moves. Please help since I don't want to waste my money if I can't do the moves; I loved the mat workout since is mostly standing and the floor work was short and the abs section is all done on the back. Thanks for any suggestion.
All the metas are mostly all-fours moves. If you want to try TAM your best bet is PT (minus the butt section), PDS level 2 which is mostly standing moves with a chair and it's a great workout, and her classic Mat workout
Old 08-31-14, 01:33 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I've found it's possible to modify all fours moves--no matter whose--by doing a deep lean against a wall mounted bar and doing the leg moves. You get a very good lower body and core workout, less of the upper body because you're not supporting your weight on your arms.

It would be possible to do this leaning against a wall if you don't have a bar.

I find all fours moves very difficult due to arthritis in my wrists that limits my extension; even push up bars or dumbbells are very uncomfortable due to the pressure created in my wrists.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-14, 04:20 AM  
PhyllisG

All the metas are mostly on all fours. I don't have any wrist or shoulder problems but still found this hard at first and shifted back into child's pose to rest many times at first.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-14, 09:58 AM  
SuzieC

Meta is a lot of all fours. How about the Mat workout? I think that one would work for you.
Also I haven't used them but maybe someone can comment on the perfect design series or the MS from her book?
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 11:37 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

When I first started meta, I used my barre to modify move (as Jennifer suggested). It worked great. Eventually I didn't need the barre, but you could certainly keep using it. If you don't have a barre then try using a chair.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 08:46 AM  
kakk08

Thanks for all your suggestion, I started the mat workout 2 weeks ago and I was so impress with the result (especially my abs), also bought PT and PP1 and so far they are all doable except the all four moves but I will try to do them on a chair instead. Still debating if I should keep the META for $27
kakk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 11:18 AM  
LaCatrina

Glad you're enjoying Mat! I think it's one of her best workouts, and the music is so amazing

For variety, you could also try PDS2, which is mostly moves using the chair. It happens to be my favorite of the three. I think the arms are easier to follow in 2 than in 1 or 3. Also, I found this youtube channel with all 3 TAM bootcamp sequences extended to 40 reps or more. The bootcamp workouts are more varied than meta - you use the chair, do planks, do moves on your side, so it's not all fours stuff https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChW...L3SmhWcLjjcXRQ

That's a great deal for meta! Why not keep it and give it a whirl later on? I did get injured when I tried meta for the first time, but I was able to do it for a long while after getting my core stronger