Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-31-14, 03:13 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Also, I know one is supposed to do Kundalini Yoga with closed eyes (for most of the time) and I truly enjoy Raviana's DVDs, but in some I really don't enjoy the -IMO- too short and 'underwear' looking kind of shorts or tops.. Only then I can quickly close my eyes again and tell myself to focus on the more important matter in that practice!
Ana wears more clothing in her more recent DVDs...but in Ana's case I actually prefer more bare skin. She's so lean and lithe, and there's an inspiring sense of freedom and flexibility and grace in her moves that I think is a bit obscured with too much clothing. (Heretic that I am, I remain wide-eyed during kundalini yoga. Closed eyes just put me to sleep.)
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 12:12 AM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
When I first saw this title thread, I thought it might be about the workout pants one of the designers on Project Runway created for the New Balance challenge a couple of weeks back

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sit...alexandria.jpg
My Aunt came back from Turkey about 20 years ago with a pair of pants similar to the those. She called them 7 day crappers. Said they were designed so that you didn't have to take them off AT ALL for 7 days...
Old 09-01-14, 10:12 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Christine---eww

This is an old thread, but apparently crotch and cleavage still rules in some cases!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 11:21 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyogirl72 View Post
The things I learn on this site. Of course, I HAD to google image those terms. What are these people thinking???
Me too - yowza! I ran to the mirror to make sure I was NOT looking like that!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 11:27 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I have always been uncomfortable with Ana Brett's attire. In some of the very early Ravi/Ana videos, she wears a tank top that is so thin you can see her aureoles through the fabric. It took me years to try their practices because of that, and I have gotten rid of most of them. I just don't care to see that much of her body.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 12:40 PM  
suzannaerin

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Zuzka's attire. Or lack thereof. I like her and her workouts are killer, so I ignore the clothing and just hope everything stays put.

I guess we all have different tastes and I don't want to judge anyone on their choice of attire. If the outfit distracts from the workout or the instruction, the instructor probably would be wise to reconsider her/his wardrobe choices for future releases.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 09:59 AM  
imhere2dance

As long as I don't see anything that should be kept private, clothing doesn't really bother me.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camel toe, moose knuckle