Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-11, 07:55 PM  
Tish

Less is More with Stephanie

I've been doing a Powerfit workout every day for the last month. I got all three sets and have been going through them in order, nothing fancy. I've found them pleasant yet mild, not too challenging, and they're keeping me motivated.

Here are the surprises: 1) My clothes fit better! I haven't weighed myself but I haven't worn these clothes for a few years. 2) I've NEVER stuck with the same instructor/same set for this long and I actually look forward to my 20 min every day and I don't worry about rest days.

I often add a Classical Stretch, outdoor walk, or a segment or two from 10 min solution pilates later in the day. I never exercise more than 40 min in a day and often the Powerfit is all I do.

I haven't changed my diet but I don't find myself as hungry as I used to. For me Stephanie has done what Ellen and CS has done for many others.

Is anyone else loving and/or getting results with the Powerfits?
Old 01-29-11, 08:06 PM  
moonbeam31

That is awesome! I can see how that would work! Good for you! I have PowerFit and use it here and there. I would do 2 of them back to back for a 40 min workout and would feel really good afterwards! I love her from her Firm Days as well and still have a few of her shorter 30 min workouts from the Firm-I just use lighter weights thatn I used to! Keep it up! Sometimes "less" is More!
Tracy
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 08:29 PM  
Imlosingit!
VF Supporter

Which set do you prefer? I'm thinking about trying to get the original set.
Imlosingit! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 08:40 PM  
Tish

I like all three for different reasons but if I had to choose just one it would be either the original set or Powerfit Plus, probably Original. Plus is the hardest of the 3 sets, but still Leslie level of intensity. Original offers more variety since it has 5 separate workouts.
Old 01-30-11, 02:50 AM  
JeepGirl

I the Powerfits too--enough to get back-ups of them!! I've been doing (usually) a short cardio (20-30 min, usually 20) in the AM followed by a toning in the PM. I've been subbing in Firm Express Cardio, a Shape 20 Minute Cardio w/Elise Gulan, and a few others I can't recall off the top of my head as I like more intense cardio then Stephanie's but I love her toning and have been seeing great results with this set. This is the first time in over 20 years that I've used bands consistently and I am loving the results. I think my favorite set is the original. Usually one week I'll do the original series then the next I'll do the Push, Pull, Upper then Lower, interspersed with the Core workouts. I think she packs so much into those 20 minutes! I was in a workout slump before starting this rotation and it had been a huge pick me up--hard to argue with working out for only 20 minutes and I really like Stephanie as an instructor. I would rate myself a solid intermediate and I usually use the green band. I consider these pleasantly challenging but not easy.
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 08:11 AM  
Imlosingit!
VF Supporter

Mary has the original set on sale for $11.99 and the Plus set for $7.99 - hard to resist!! So I bought both!! And free shipping! How could I resist!!
Imlosingit! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 08:13 AM  
F1mom

I just bought all 3 sets since they're on sale at Mary's and the sale ends today.

The OP wins the 'Early Morning Enabler' Vidiot Award.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 08:19 AM  
Diana3271

Are any of these workouts total body? TIA

I just looked at Mary's site again. It looks like the only one that's total body is PowerFit Plus. Is the toning mostly standing? TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 08:52 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I just bought all 3 sets since they're on sale at Mary's and the sale ends today.

The OP wins the 'Early Morning Enabler' Vidiot Award.
ITA...just ordered the two I didn't have...already have Harmony...maybe I should just change my sig line...I'm not holding off on any purchases!!!

ETA: Tish, I like that you've done something from these sets every day and you're not as hungry...right up my alley Sometimes less is indeed more.

BTW, I have been getting rid of stuff, so my collection is getting less overwhelming
Old 01-30-11, 08:58 AM  
topfitmama

Why did I open this thread????
I absolutely love bands. I really feel the muscles the next day!

Jeepgirl, I'm glad to hear you use Shape 20 minute often as I just ordered it

Tish,
It's great when you find the workout combination that is sustainable and gives you the results you are looking for!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerfit, stephanie huckabee