Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-19, 12:30 PM  
Scorpio6

Lannette:
Do you mean there is an app on the iTunes Store site that will allow streaming to Android? I would love to stream Mari's workouts as some of her DVDs are packed away. Please give me some direction here on the tech, I'd appreciate it. Wasn't clear on what you meant in your post. Thanks, Carol!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 01:02 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Lannette:
Do you mean there is an app on the iTunes Store site that will allow streaming to Android? I would love to stream Mari's workouts as some of her DVDs are packed away. Please give me some direction here on the tech, I'd appreciate it. Wasn't clear on what you meant in your post. Thanks, Carol!
Hi Carol,

I haven’t done this myself but wondered about it should I get an android phone. THIS is an article I found.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 01:26 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I have quite a few of Mari’s DVDs but have yet to really click with her as an instructor.
She's definitely an acquired taste. She's not my favorite instructor (tiny drill sergeant) and I get annoyed at her constant push of the Winsor brand. That said, I tolerate her for the sake of the workouts.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 01:31 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
She's definitely an acquired taste. She's not my favorite instructor (tiny drill sergeant) and I get annoyed at her constant push of the Winsor brand. That said, I tolerate her for the sake of the workouts.
Tiny drill sergeant, LOL. I am a twelve year Catholic school survivor and call her Sister Mari Winsor.

I'm the first to admit she is quirky - sometimes has truly awful cueing - and she's legendary for her "hang time." But there's something about her workouts that just click with me and my back likes them. Over the years her quirks have become sort of endearing to me.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 03:08 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Tiny drill sergeant, LOL. I am a twelve year Catholic school survivor and call her Sister Mari Winsor.

I'm the first to admit she is quirky - sometimes has truly awful cueing - and she's legendary for her "hang time." But there's something about her workouts that just click with me and my back likes them. Over the years her quirks have become sort of endearing to me.
That’s why I hold onto them. She trained in Classical Pilates so I figure it’s only a matter of time until I pull them out and it’s all good.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 12:13 AM  
fanofladyvols

I checked both materials of what I received and there wasn't a rotation that included the add on DVDs to the original set.

The original set did have a rotation and I am wondering why you wouldn't substitute a combo of the upper and lower add-ons in place of "Accelerated sculpting."

The original set rotations were supposed to be done in conjunction with a walking schedule of 3-5 miles (or 36-60 minutes) daily or every other day.

Maximum weight loss
Mon./Wed/Fri Accelerated Sculpting
Tues./Thurs./Sat. 20 minute workout or Winsor Dozen

Accelerated muscle toning & Sculpting
Mon./Wed/Fri 20 minute workout
Tues/Thurs Accelerated sculpting
Sat. Winsor dozen

Body maintenance
Accelerated sculpting video 3 times a week
OR
20 minute workout 5 times a week

Tight on time
Mon./Wed/Fri 20 minute workout
Tues/Thurs/Sat Winsor dozen

Winsor dozen: hundred, roll-up, single leg circles, rolling like a ball, roll-over, single leg stretch, double leg stretch, single straight leg, double straight leg, the criss cross, spine stretch forward, little bit of heaven.

I found it interesting this differed from her basic routine she lists in her book The Pilates Powerhouse.

The rollover is for advanced and the criss cross is for intermediates. No saw? No single leg kick or neck roll.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 10:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Linda,

Thanks for posting the Winsor rotation. I had lost my materials long ago.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 08:01 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I love Mari Winsor Lower Body Pilates DVD! I also like her Bun & Thigh Sculpting.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 08:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I love Mari Winsor Lower Body Pilates DVD!
is this the Gaiam one? i just found this at Goodwill. does it differ a lot from Bun & Thigh Sculpting?

i have B&TS and Buns & Thigh Power Sculpting (uses band).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 09:02 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
is this the Gaiam one? i just found this at Goodwill. does it differ a lot from Bun & Thigh Sculpting?

i have B&TS and Buns & Thigh Power Sculpting (uses band).
I remember not enjoying the Gaiam lower body DVD as much as Bun & Thigh Sculpting...but I don't remember why. Now I'm curious again, lol.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilatesstick, winsor buns and thighs, winsor buns thighs, winsor pilates, winsor rotation