Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-19, 12:42 PM  
buffmama

I'm going to continue with my PT program and workouts that focus on the big muscles and compound movements. Next week I head into the final phase of NROL-Life and I'm looking at Power Training by Robert Dos Remedios. I will continue with short HIITs and yoga and start running at the end of March.
Old 12-03-19, 01:45 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Sending you (((hugs))) Donna & I hope 2020 will be a better year for you & your family.
Thank you, Pam!! I hope so - just have to ride it out sometimes!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 04:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Laura, you have provided another way someone could gain encouragement in setting a simple accomplishable goal. Thank you so much for helping me over the years in understanding how to classify workouts so I could learn how to do a rotation. I am very grateful to you and and want you to know I am cheering you on!
I was just reading on and realized I was reading my name and post. Thanks so much for the encouragement. It means a lot. I'll picture you in the background when I'm on the stair climber at the gym!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 08:16 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Donna ~I'm right there with you. 2019 has been a battle for sure in terms of making any time for myself. Being a caregiver for more than 1 person has been a drain on my body and emotions. My plan for 2020 is to just move. To give permission back to myself to care for ME like I used to. I miss the energy I had and the small goals I would set week to week. My mind doesn't even go there.... but I'm hoping I can change all that in the next few weeks.
Tina - I'm sorry the year has been hard on you, too. It is tough to carve out time for yourself when you are caring for others and when your mind is heavy with worry. I tell myself it is a marathon and not a sprint...just do what you can and give yourself plenty of grace.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 10:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Donna ~I'm right there with you. 2019 has been a battle for sure in terms of making any time for myself. Being a caregiver for more than 1 person has been a drain on my body and emotions. My plan for 2020 is to just move. To give permission back to myself to care for ME like I used to. I miss the energy I had and the small goals I would set week to week. My mind doesn't even go there.... but I'm hoping I can change all that in the next few weeks.
Tina - Its so nice to see you posting again & I wish you all good things in 2020.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 01:44 AM  
Sand

I really need to put a dent in the DVDs that I've purchased and haven't tried! I also want to incorporate the equipment that I don't use much or haven't used at all: Bosu and Kettleball!
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 12:09 PM  
wendug

I've been reading all the responses to this thread and I'm inspired by all of your workout plans. I've been thinking about what my plans for the new year are and one thing I know I NEED to do is incorporate more stretching into my workouts. I've noticed lots of workouts I do have a really inadequate stretch at the end of them but do I add on additional stretching- NO! I really need to change that! I've been really good the last few years of being consistent with working out and I plan on continuing that. However, I find I tend to do the same type of workouts. My goal is to add in more variety and stretching.
Old 12-04-19, 12:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I was just reading on and realized I was reading my name and post. Thanks so much for the encouragement. It means a lot. I'll picture you in the background when I'm on the stair climber at the gym!
Clap on feature to picture has intermittent "Woot woot!!" Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
My goal is to add in more variety and stretching.
That has been my goal this year and it was hard at first because it felt like I was wasting precious exercise time. So I quit trying to force myself to to do a DVD after working out because it wasn't happening. So I just did stuff I have learned from DVDs during the day. Couple minutes here and there. Now I do an actual DVD one day during the week.

I don't think it's any coincidence that I have felt better which has translated into being able to do harder workouts (for me anyway.)

So good luck on finding your own way of getting there because I'm sure you will be glad you did!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 10:15 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

That has been my goal this year and it was hard at first because it felt like I was wasting precious exercise time. So I quit trying to force myself to to do a DVD after working out because it wasn't happening. So I just did stuff I have learned from DVDs during the day. Couple minutes here and there. Now I do an actual DVD one day during the week.

I don't think it's any coincidence that I have felt better which has translated into being able to do harder workouts (for me anyway.)

So good luck on finding your own way of getting there because I'm sure you will be glad you did!
Yes! Stretching makes me feel like I'm wasting my time. And it is so hard to fit in after another workout. But I'm encouraged to hear that you feel better and can do harder workouts! I did a foam rolling workout the other day and I felt so good after! And I slept like a baby that night! Now that I know how to do some foam rolling exercises I'm going to try to fit some in while watching tv at night. I like the idea of fitting a little bit in throughout the day.
Old 12-07-19, 10:34 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I have been on a Joyce Vedral kick, for the first time ever, and will continue that for a while, but..... I have a senior in high school and have to do a "senior page" for the yearbook so I've been looking through all of our old photos and noticed that I looked great in 2009. I went back to my workout calendars to see what I was doing then -- figured it was Cathe, and most certainly there was Cathe in 2008 leading up to it, but when the pictures were taken I was doing some combination of CLX and kettlebells. Made me wonder if I should try that route again. It looked like it was not a grueling schedule, which of course would be good for more than ten years later. I am realistic about what I'm able to do these days.

I'm sorry to read of the troubles some have had over 2019 -- I hope for all of you to have a better 2020!!

Tags
bret contreras, glute lab, new year, new year goals, new year rotations, ymca