Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-19, 10:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - December 2019

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Happy December!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 01:48 PM  
Jewels5

Ladies!! Remember me?! I'm so glad to see you are still up and running. I have been working out regularly doing Cathe rotations but would like to get back to posting. I miss the accountability and the friendship. It has been an extremely long two years but I'm on my way to a new me! I hope everyone has been well. I'm looking forward to catching up!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 08:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a dark dreary wintry day and I had no motivation so I pulled out my tried and true Winsor B & T Power Sculpting dvd with the band this time.
Good stuff. Today the winter mix is still continuing so it's another dvd today.
Maybe SS.

JULIE, oh my goodness!!! So great to see you checking in! That's wonderful that you're still doing Cathe rotations and it sounds like there's light at the end of that long tunnel. I'm so happy for you and have missed you and think of you often. Are you still doing the dog walking? How are the kids? I hope to see you posting regularly again too. It made my day to see your post

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-02-19, 03:11 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I've often thought of splitting the lasagna between two smaller pans and freezing half but somehow never do. In a complete break from tradition we are having tenderloin for Christmas. I don't think we've ever had anything but turkey or ham. I'm glad you got some time off. Did you ever get those 5 days off?

Nora, no driving for me. I learned and got my license {which I still have} but gave up driving in 98 as my vision impairment progressed. But asking to drive is still one of my favorite ways to tease my family. Hubby lets me drive occasionally in a big empty parking lot just in case of emergency but I don't want to do it often.

Tammie, after the squash is roasted I use a fork to scrape the 'strands' into the pan, using them as a layer of pasta. It looks a little messy while your making it but works fine. It sounds like you had a nice visit with your family. I'm glad your DS and DIL had dinner in their new home, that will be something for them to remember.

Jewel, glad to see you back!

Today I did 35min FB Cardio HIIT Challenge with Fitbody by Amy. HIIT isn't my favorite cardio but it seems to be this or walking workouts. I don't feel I'm getting as good a workout as some of the others I used to do since I usually modify HIIT down so much, and its a bit boring since its usually repeated. Hubby added a HDMI switch so I can do my DVDs again. Funny, the ones I'm missing the most are Rockin Body.

My MIL is getting around on her leg and has most of the range of motion back. Hubby is having another set of shots in his back this Wednesday, then taking Thursday off. Poor Cindy is getting a heartworm shot on Saturday. I have Bible study tomorrow but aside from a few parties and Dr appointments, that's it for my schedule until January.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 10:04 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

It’s late and I’m tired, but had to jump in to say hi to Julie. Welcome back. I have thought of you often and happy to see you back and doing well!

Today: beach walk.
Old 12-03-19, 12:35 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Well no walking yesterday because of the snow storm but I did do a new to me workout, Patricia Friberg's Bottom Line and A Core Defined. It says on the back cover that it's a pilates and strength based workout and that's a pretty accurate description. A little different but I liked it. I'm feeling a little DOMS in my abs which rarely happens. I would like to walk today but it's pretty windy and cold out there even though it's sunny and there's 6 inches of snow so I doubt I'll do it. Unfortunately I think my walking days will be limited the next couple of months . I'm been feeling in a pilates mood lately so will probably do more today.

PENGUIN, nice job with the hiit workout. Glad you can use your dvds again too. I've been toying with getting a Pilates by Lisa subscription since I've been craving pilates lately. I think I finally have it figured out how to connect my chromebook to my tv with hdmi cable. I might try it out today. Yes my schedule is now just 2 days a week of work, Saturday and Sunday, and I'm off Monday through Friday and loving it I might add . Glad MIL is getting around. Hope hubby and Cindy feel better after their shots.

NORA, rub it in with the beach walk

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-03-19, 04:45 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, Snow storm! Yuck! I think different is good. I'm glad you liked the new workout. I'm glad your schedule is more to your liking. Don't ask my about how to hook anything up. That's Hubby's department. I almost didn't get a workout in because when I turned on the TV, hit all the right buttons then it went to a tutorial on screen mirroring that I finally figured out how to get rid of. Gah!

Today was GymRa 40m Full Body Dumbbell workout with Rebecca Louise. I hope I never get one of her workouts again. Her idea of a warm up was static stretching, she yelled the whole time and she spent a lot of time talking. I did about twice as many reps as she did just while waiting for her to start. If I ever hear "mind over matter" again I may throw a dumbbell at the TV. I should have switched but it took me so long to get that one started I was afraid I might not get it to work again!

Due to Hubby's procedure I may not be back for a few days.

Old 12-03-19, 08:38 PM  
Jewels5

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome back!!

Sun: Cathe XTrain Hard Strikes
Mon: Cathe Ripped w/HiiT Lift It Hit It Legs
Tues: Cathe XTrain Hard Strikes*

(*I'm addicted to this workout lately. )

SB, thanks so much for the kind words! I have missed you all too and have wanted sooo many times to pop in and say hi. It is great to know you're all still here checking in! I can't believe you have snow! Pilates is a great alternative for the walking. My daughter played on the community college's volleyball team and they had a game at Gallaudet University--I thought of you! Are you still at the restaurant? I am walking dogs occasionally on the side for extra $ but I started full time for a small company that does remote monitoring for patients with cardiac devices. It's been a really good experience for me as the people are wonderful.

Nora, aw thanks so much for popping in to say hi! I have thought of you often too and missed being in touch! Lucky you being at the beach! I look forward to catching up!

Penguin, thanks for the welcome back! I hope your hubby's procedure goes well!

Waves to all!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Well I signed up for PBL's free 10 day trial and did a couple of the workouts yesterday, a leg workout with the magic circle and part of an upper body workout with light weights. I really enjoyed them both so much. I'm not sure if I'll join her site though since I never stick with anything too long, I may not even last the 10 days. I also have so many pilates dvds I'm not sure I can justify paying a subscription but we'll see how much I enjoy it and use it.
I do plan on another PBL workout today. I doubt I'll walk unless it gets a little warmer. Yesterday barely got over 32 degrees and it was so windy.

PENGUIN, sorry the workout was a dud. I know what you mean about taking so long to finally get a workout going. It took me so long yesterday using my remote to get Lisa on the smart tv. My DD showed me how to hook up my chromebook to the tv with the wire and that makes it a lot easier and quicker.
Good luck to hubby.

JULIE, great job with Cathe. I'm not sure if I have Cathe's Hard Strikes around here somewhere, but you make me want to try it! I'm not very happy about the snow, it came kind of early in the season, but what can you do? Congrats on the new full time job, it sounds great. My DD was at Gallaudet in October for homecoming weekend, she misses it a lot. I am still at the restaurant but only 2 days a week. I cut my schedule last spring because I was concerned leaving my mom alone for that long each day, her dementia was making her more confused, plus he was just burning me out with the crazy hours.
My mom passed away in August but I kept my shortened schedule.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-04-19, 01:41 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Thanks for the well wishes. Hubby's procedure went well. it was much earlier in the morning than last time so we got home before 11am.

After sitting in the waiting room all morning I did Up To The Beat Fitness' 60s power walk and 1 Mile Disco Walk. {I think I've done this before} I figured now was the best time since Hubby was probably in a deep sleep!

Julie, Its good to find a workout that you like and can do often! Not only is it fun, by knowing the moves well you can really get into the workout. It sounds like you really enjoy your job and that it is rewarding to help others.

SB, I never thought of checking to see if subscription services have free trial periods. That's a great idea. I'm glad you enjoyed the workout and hope you find more that you like. Yay for DD and hooking up the system.