Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-19, 08:59 AM  
furmomof6

Pilates Cross-Trainers: DECEMBER

Just wanted to start us off for the new month!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 10:32 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks, Christine for starting us off in December!

Checking in with ePilates:

Slow Build Core - 33m
Overball Class 3 - 31m

I really enjoyed both classes and feel fantastic now. At first I thought 33 minutes of core? Am I up for it? Yes! The exercises were varied, no endless reps of anything and Emma kept it fun and low key. Overball was a nice class using sticky pilates ball. Time flew! I plan to loosely follow Emma's December calendar. I'm glad her schedule is only Mon-Fri and there is only 1 class listed for the day ranging anywhere between 12-30min or so. If I have too many choices and schedule is 7 days/week, I end up doing nothing. Tomorrow I'm planning to do some cardio and weights since I did my Monday's workout today.

Waves to all!
Old 12-01-19, 10:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

I just wanted to share my sympathy for that poor woman who lost her life to her own grandson. You always wonder why a family member feels that's the only option.

Thankful each of you is safe.

Yesterday was Jari GR Slim and Lean.

Will edit to add today because I can't decide!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 12:35 PM  
furmomof6

Dana, are Emma's workouts mostly parts focused, or does she have total body too?

Linda, I know, I feel sick for that poor family.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 12-01-19, 02:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Dana, are Emma's workouts mostly parts focused, or does she have total body too?
Emma does have total body workouts. Even the "parts" workouts incorporate other body areas. The Slow Build Core workout today had a nice glutes, upper back/posture and push up moves as well as nice stretches. The beauty of her workouts (at least to me) is that she does just enough reps to be effective without it being an overkill. Her workouts are divided into Beginners, General, Intermediate, Props, Stretch, Specialty, Barre, Pre & Post natal, Yoga & Meditation, Challenges and Daily Workout Series. Some workouts do overlap in other section.
Old 12-01-19, 05:20 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I just did a full body stretch from CocoLime Fitness.

I'm a bit on the fence about what I want to focus on this month! I think my Blessful Body membership is due to renew on Dec 22nd - so I can do that for the next few weeks along with cardio....

Carol - that is an awful story about your neighbor.

Hope everyone has a good evening -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 06:18 PM  
furmomof6

Dana, thanks! I like when parts workouts include total body too, kind of like what Robin Long does as well.

Donna, I definitely need more Pilates and spiritual encouragement, so I'm thinking some mix of Shaped by Faith, Faithful Workouts and my Pilates downloads.

Old 12-02-19, 06:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Blessful Body - Upper Body Flow - it was short, but I needed something short this morning. I have to help my DD return the class rabbit to school so we have to get there early to figure it out!

It may be too rainy to walk today - but if it isn't I'll get a walk in at work.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 06:47 AM  
fanofladyvols

Good Monday to all! I forgot to say thanks to Christine for starting us off!

Yesterday was Firm Advanced Cardioblast. I eliminate the high impact and have no problem getting my sweat on.

I finished up my VF Secret Santa gift this weekend and will mail that out. Hope she loves it.

Here's to a great finish to 2019

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 07:16 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

I finally got back into the routine of working out. I did

Jessica Smith - Fit in 15: Kickboxing 101 - 15 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Strengthen & Stretch Pilates Band Workout - 18 minutes

I really enjoyed Smriti's band routine. I had requested this one a couple of months ago - a shorter full body routine that used the band and included leg circles - and Smriti delivered! I love this workout!

Yes, I feel terribly sorry for the family. Someone lost both a mother and a son. My neighbor had told me years ago that she was afraid of someone (I thought she said it was a nephew who had been in prison) and obviously she had a reason to build that tall fence around her backyard and keep the lights on all the time. I'm sure if we had been home they would have found her sooner - our houses are that close together. Let me rephrase that - I or my son would have found her; I'm sure the dogs would have tipped us to something being wrong. So sad.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote