Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-07-19, 03:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am continuing to purge most of my dvds. I’ve posted pics of what I’m purging in my profile, so if anyone wants any of them do let me know. Postage $ wise, it’s probably best value to ship 3 dvds in one case. I put them in sleeves and stack the cover art pages. It works well.

ETA I’m not sure why the pics are sideways, that’s not how they are on my tablet....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 09:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~ETV: Stretch Shoulders, Upper Back, & Hamstrings
~Attitude Tu - This was a virgin for me, had it for ages. It was a decent workout with lots of good balance work, but Bernadette has such a flat affect. That combined with the white set and elevator music made it hit the giveaway pile.
~headstand practice, upper back acupressure
~Gaia: AM Yoga 4 Your Week - twists

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 12-08-19, 10:49 AM  
sherry7899

I did not feel well yesterday (upset stomach) so I rested in between doing things around the house. We watched the movie "Yesterday" which I borrowed from the library. Glad we saw it for free. Friends of ours raved about it. We thought it was cute, but that was it. It was so far fetched and the end kind of left us thinking "that's it?"

This morning I did:

Soul Sweat World Heat with Sara Jane-Joy of Movement 60 minutes. I was really lost on one Spanish song (moved too quickly) and kind of hopeless on a hip hop track, but I kept moving

Sarah Beth Yoga-yin yoga for relaxation

I may do some qi gong or more yoga later.

I'll do personals later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 08:53 PM  
cyana

Saturday:
MFML - Flow and Restore - Lucy McCarthy
MFML - QiGong and Restorative Yoga: Finding Harmony - Mimi Kuo-Deemer
MFML - QiGong and Restorative Yoga: Finding Balance - Mimi Kuo-Deemer

Today:
Cathe - PHA 2 - I did the first two rounds/cycles (whatever she called them) and decided I'd stop there for the day. I suspect I'm going to be one sore puppy tomorrow and didn't want to push it into the Bad Sore category. I think I'm going to rub down with some arnica cream before bedtime to see if it helps. Hopefully it will be at least be nice and relaxing.
MFML - Yoga for Self-Care - Clive Fogelman. This was a really lovely self-care, restorative practice that was about an hour and a half, so it was like a mini-workshop. And I Clive, so I didn't mind.

I've really struggled with insomnia of late, after doing better for a while, so I'm not sure what's up with that. It definitely makes it hard to drag out of bed and knock out a work-out first thing, that's for sure.

I got to hug Santa yesterday. Someone who used to be a vendor at the market was playing Santa for photos with kids and he looked great.

Pat - Your workshop sounded so nice - and what a nice gift to get that message about your sister. That was a good tutorial video from Aprille. I want her purple blanket and those salt lamps.

Laura - That is a good point about not doing the classes for free on a permanent basis and kind of you to jump in and sub. How do you like Beautiful Breakthroughs?

Pam - Love your new avatar. It makes me smile every time I look at it.

Margot - Ugh on the 11 hours on a plane! You'll have to let us know what you find at Sprouts. I need to do a Sprouts exploratory trip one of these days. I've only been twice since it's sort of out of the way.

Jackie - Hope you enjoy some sun and warmth - safe travels!

Sherry - Hope your stomach is feeling back to 100%.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 09:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~Booty Barre Ballet: W/U & Arms & Legs - I forgot what a great dvd this is! I’ve always liked Tracey and this was the perfect length, about 25 min. total. I’m planning to work through my barre & ballet DVDs for the next while and decide what to keep.
~3 Km walk
~Headstand & upper back acupressure
~Yoga Collective: Yin Deep Stretch - I bought a year Groupon for $12.75 a few months ago and it was about to expire so thought I better sign up . The site looks good, some reputable instructors including Travis Eliot. Today’s yin was with Lauren Eckstrom. She does talk a lot, but it was a lovely shoulder & hip focused practice.

Cyana - Aw thanks, I agree that my meditating snowman is very smile worthy! I’ve been meaning to try Mimi’s Qi Gong & Restorative series. I hope you aren’t too sore tomorrow, hopefully Clive’s practice will help fend off the DOMS.

Sherry - I am hopeless with complex dance choreo, & I agree that you just have to keep moving.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 12-09-19, 08:54 AM  
cyana

Quick fly by post and run.

I'm a little sore from Cathe this AM, but not too bad, thank goodness. I was tickled pink in my weekly MFML email to see there's a new practice from Zephyr Wildman. She's a really super instructor and hasn't done anything new for a while, so that will definitely be on the agenda very soon.

Must get my work day started - waves to ALL.

Old 12-09-19, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning Yoginis! Happy Moan Day, sigh.

I had a stellar gym workout Saturday, upped my elliptical time to 20 minutes then a full hour of weights. Yesterday was a much needed massage then just food prep for the week and errands. I don't know why but ever since the massage I've had an increasingly bad headache, maybe from all the intense deep tissue stuff on my neck and shoulders?

I'm struggling to find the time for yoga lately, though. I hope you ladies don't kick me out of the check in.

Pam I love your Frosty new avatar. Thank you for posting your list of DVDs. Except for barre, we have similar tastes!

Cyana, wow it sounds like Cathe really hammered on you. I'm sorry to hear insomnia is plaguing you.

Good morning everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 02:32 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, we would never kick anyone out of here Is your headache any better? Hugs!

I had horrible sleep last night. I could not fall asleep and then woke up almost every hour. Ugh.

This morning I did:

Cathe's X-Train Hard Strikes Kickboxing remix-35 minutes. I received it in the gift exchange and I really enjoyed it! I will try the rest of the dvd another day. It was easy to follow and had great music. I modified all the high impact.

Body Groove Fit-workout #3 (20 minutes) this was really fun except at the end you basically drop down and roll around on the floor (?!). I stayed standing and moved around.

I will do yoga later-maybe Adriene's new yoga for stress.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Sherry

Eta: I did the Yoga with Adriene yoga for stress

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 08:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Yay, I did some yoga last night - RaviAna's Dance the Chakras. A really fun matrix of both yoga sets, tribal dance and heart dance. The two yoga sets flow so well and target the primary chakras nice and quick.

I hope you sleep tonight Sherry. At least you got some nice workouts in.

Greetings to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 08:48 AM  
cyana

Last night:
MFML - Evening Yin/Yang Flow with Jonelle Lewis

I was going to do a short Holden practice and it just didn't happen for some unknown reason.

Pat - Considering how erratic I am with posting AND doing yoga during my busy season, I don't think you have any worries on the getting booted thing! Wow, I haven't done Dance the Chakras in - years, maybe......I've been feeling the need to do Happy Hormones and The Shake Dance. I'm not sure my copy of Dance the Chakras has a matrix, but the one you did sounded fun.

Sherry - I think last night was one of my worst lack of sleep nights to date. Between the cat and just not being able to fall back asleep, it was pretty miserable. Hope you fared better.

Waves to ALL! Time to grab some coffee.