Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-19, 06:20 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Linda. I will try the other stretch segments soon. Right now i am very sore from running yesterday. I don't run normally but for some reason my body started running while I was on my walk. I have no idea what came over me but I went about a mile and I am so sore today.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 11:45 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I don't run normally but for some reason my body started running while I was on my walk. I have no idea what came over me but I went about a mile and I am so sore today.
This made me smile!
Old 12-17-19, 12:42 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

This is a really good thread.

Yesterday I finally tried Classical Stretch Back Pain Relief and Prevention. I was doing it with a friend who has back issues. It was really good, and I felt great today. I forgot how much I enjoy Classical Stretch and actually need these routines to stretch because I definitely don't stretch enough.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 02:14 AM  
fanofladyvols

Leslie I love when that happens. I hope your body urges you on again soon

First brand new workout I tried was Kelly Coffey-Meyer Trim down...I couldn't make it past the first 5 minutes. Here's what makes no sense...I love kickboxing but I was put off by the pace, the set, the music, and the fact that KCM was by herself.

So opened another workout, Tracie Long Metabolic strength Vol. 5 and Vol. 6. Set is plain and Tracie is by herself. I loved this DVD, lol.

There are issues I have with this DVD..and yet I did both workouts and felt great! The workout is hard on the wrists IMHO so I have to use balance pods. The VOL. 5 warmup starts with stretching too early and there are no cooldowns for either workout. Honestly, I would recommend the warmup on Vol. 6 to use as the warmup for both workouts.

I would use the first 6 minutes of Vol. 5 warmup as the cooldown for both workouts (which is what I did.)

On both workouts, there are times I would have to pause to see because, although she's cueing, I can't understand what she means. I would chose to eliminate a rep or alter the sequence for the pace to match what I could do with good form.

And yet, these were highly efficient workouts to me that I don't mind tweaking to suit my needs (like doing a side lunge before the front lunge in a combination, etc.)

Why am I patient with this DVD and not the other??
I have no idea, lol.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 09:59 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Why am I patient with this DVD and not the other??
I have no idea, lol.
I think there is a definite difference in pace between Tracie and Kelly. Kelly sometimes seems too frenetic and she can be hard to follow.

BTW, if you want more Tracie Long, send me a PM and I will see if I have it.

Lori
Old 12-19-19, 12:31 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did a Linda Woolridge download yesterday- slide and burn Cardio Sculpt.
I liked it alot although I did not have time to finish the last 8 minutes or so.

I have been doing a trial of DDP Yoga on demand to decide if I want to buy the set. Have done a few of the workouts which I liked but the commentary I could do without so I will not be getting the set.
Old 12-20-19, 11:52 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did 2 new to me Linda Woolridge downloads: Slide and Loop and
Abs, Butt and Thighs Ball Mat Workout. I liked both. I had a hard time keeping my feet on the sliders during the cardio sections of slide and loop one. There were also a lot of upright to floor transitions that were challenging. I really like how inventive she is with the moves using the equipment.

Using the sliders reminded me that I have several DVDs that use them. The Gliding workouts with Mindy Mylrea and Keli Roberts, and a Body Bar workout that also uses the gliders. So I pulled them out to do in the near future. I have done these only once if at all so they are fair game for this check in as far as I am concerned.
Old 12-22-19, 05:53 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Last week I did Body Revolution Phase 1 by Jillian. 5 workouts, loved 4 of them and disliked the 5th, the cardio workout which I had to fight my way through felt so tedious.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 09:23 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
Last week I did Body Revolution Phase 1 by Jillian. 5 workouts, loved 4 of them and disliked the 5th, the cardio workout which I had to fight my way through felt so tedious.
On both Body Revolution and Body Shred, I substituted for Jillian's cardio. It is tedious. You could substitute almost anything and have a better time. I mostly used other instructors for kickboxing, but just find a cardio that you like.
Old 12-23-19, 12:16 PM  
Venus

I tried out the Barlates Feel Good Series workouts. I did Fusion Flow yesterday and Cardio Sculpt, Cardio Stretch, and Dynamic Flow earlier this month. I enjoyed them all, but Dynamic Flow was the closest to what I expected (flowing and stretchy) before trying these. They were gentle, but more dynamic than I'd expected. I did feel quite good after doing them
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins