Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-15, 05:25 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Purple Player Frustration

I downloaded Purple Player a few weeks ago in order to download Jessica's 5 Mile Walk. I installed it successfully but whenever I opened it, I got a pop-up window that asked for my Purple Player email and password. At first I thought that I needed to create an account so I just entered my email address and a password but no, I got a message saying that "that email does not exist". So I scoured the Purple Player website but couldn't find any information about creating an account. I contacted customer service but never heard back. I gave up in frustration.

But now I want Jessica's newest walks so I'm trying again. Is there anyone who has successfully downloaded Purple Player that can help me? How did you create your PP account? Does it happen after you purchase a download? (This is what I suspect but I don't want to purchase something if I won't be able to access it.) I just tried contacting CS again but any help that anyone can offer would be appreciated. TIA!
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 06:08 PM  
DeepSeaSue

I'm replying to myself because yes, you set up your account after you purchase a download. I wish they made this clearer But I took a chance and purchased Jessica's 5 Mile walk and was given the opportunity to set up an account. So far, everything seems to be working well.
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 06:31 PM  
Leonana

I'm glad it's working well, Sue!

My issue is that it doesn't work with Roku, which is on my living room tv. My bedroom tv has Chromecast, and I use my I-phone to stream You Tube, but PP isn't compatible with the I-phone. You have to use a PC to stream with Chromecast, and my PC is on the other side of the house! I hate hitting play, then racing to the bedroom, although I suppose it does give me some extra steps, lol.
Old 08-24-15, 07:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Glad you got it figured out! I haven't Purple Player much, but my recollection is that it isn't very intuitive.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 08:57 PM  
Poodlepants

I can't stand Purple Player. My purchases never stay downloaded. Right now, I am re-downloading a few purchases on my iPad for the zillion time and some titles are taking 70 minutes. I have downloaded X-Train in its entirety in less than 10!
Old 08-25-15, 05:59 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlepants View Post
I can't stand Purple Player. My purchases never stay downloaded. Right now, I am re-downloading a few purchases on my iPad for the zillion time and some titles are taking 70 minutes. I have downloaded X-Train in its entirety in less than 10!
I always say PP is great for streaming but not downloading. At all. So I hear you on that.
Old 08-25-15, 06:00 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I'm glad it's working well, Sue!

My issue is that it doesn't work with Roku, which is on my living room tv. My bedroom tv has Chromecast, and I use my I-phone to stream You Tube, but PP isn't compatible with the I-phone. You have to use a PC to stream with Chromecast, and my PC is on the other side of the house! I hate hitting play, then racing to the bedroom, although I suppose it does give me some extra steps, lol.
I think it works better with Apple TV, from what I've been told. I have dinosaur TVs that won't stream at all so I'm not really familiar with that aspect.
Old 08-25-15, 07:25 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlepants View Post
That's strange because I've never had a problem with the download speed onto my Ipad. I bought Jessica Smith's new Walk set last night and was able to download all 10 workouts within 5 minutes. I also don't have a problem with files being deleted.

Perhaps you should uninstall the app and start fresh.
Old 08-25-15, 07:39 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
That's strange because I've never had a problem with the download speed onto my Ipad. I bought Jessica Smith's new Walk set last night and was able to download all 10 workouts within 5 minutes. I also don't have a problem with files being deleted.

Perhaps you should uninstall the app and start fresh.
I have installed/uninstalled and yep, 45 minutes is not uncommon. So frustrating.
Old 08-25-15, 08:53 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

This is precisely why I hesitate to completely leave the DVD world yet. Sorry to hear of the struggles.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purple player