Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-30-13, 10:42 AM  
lexybeth1

I am the same in having so many workouts lol! I didn't want to order, but my my son who is 18 tomorrow, did! He very much wanted to start a weight type rotation, and it is perfect for him! He loves it! And it is a very nice set that gives him , the works, to do a very organized rotation! First set he's purchased, on his own, and he's really enthused with it!!
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 11:21 AM  
Irisg1

LOL, I actually LOVE this set, and I've done nearly every system out there, from P90X to STS, Body Beast and everything in between. I love the way the workouts are broken down into blocks. For some reason, that makes the workouts more interesting, and the time just goes by really fast for me. I just started the Shaping phase this week, and once I do all of the workouts once, I will do the workouts using the music only option. Although, I am finding that Sep doesn't talk in these as much as he does in the conditioning phase.

I really like that these are simple, effective exercises. I'm glad I bought it for $20., but it would have been worth more to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella121 View Post
I don't think they are bad at all! I've only done the first but I really enjoyed it!

Maybe I'm alone here but it was actually refreshing to do a back to basics workout without loads of combo moves that it seems like most instructors are creating that are awkward and uncomfortable to do. ( I love you chalene but I'm looking at you!)

I thought it was a good solid workout and I look forward to trying the rest!
Old 10-30-13, 11:44 AM  
rockette
VF Supporter

So far I've only done the first conditioning workout, but I liked it. Now Frank on the other hand, I think he talks a little too much.
Old 10-31-13, 02:21 PM  
BunnyHop

Oh, just great.

I inquired about the status of my order last week, received the box on Monday, and today they finally read my email and decide without asking to send a second shipment?

What's the point of using tracking numbers if retailers won't use them?

Good grief.

Here's hoping my request to cancel the second shipment gets to them.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 09:10 AM  
nancy156

Is there another discount code available?

I ordered this set a while ago and love it. I was thinking of ordering two more sets for Christmas presents if they're still available. TIA.
nancy156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 09:25 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy156 View Post
I ordered this set a while ago and love it. I was thinking of ordering two more sets for Christmas presents if they're still available. TIA.
I used VEXTBDY code for 20% off earlier this week. I hope it still works!

I'm glad some people are posting that they like these. It seemed the minute I ordered, people starting posting what a waste of money they were! I'm glad not everyone thought so.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 11-01-13 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typo
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 09:32 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I tried these workouts and found they are not for me. However, the program seems really well thought out and designed. The reasons I thought they weren't for me was that the workouts are longer than I have time for usually (for some reason, I thought they were shorter) and workouts in the later phases are splits and I like full-body workouts.

So, I have this set on my trade list, if anyone has an interest.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 10:11 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

My Met-Rx set arrived while we were out of town. I haven't opened it yet and will do so later today (for my birthday).

I have mixed feelings about instructors yakking too much. I don't mind Leslie chatting endlessly, but I wanted to strangle Sagi (Body Beast) and I wasn't even doing the workouts, DH was and I had to listen from the other room.

If I don't like the set, DH might. I hated S90 and he liked it.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 01:03 PM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

I purchased these when they were first available on sale in late September, and have tried the first three conditioning workouts. Overall I really like them.

Here's what I like about the workouts:
1) No compound exercises - I can use an appropriate weight for each body part.
2) Well organized, and the exercises are listed in the workout log (so I can see what's coming).
3) Frank demonstrates each exercise before he starts, so you can choose your weight accordingly.
4) I like the circuit format, moving between bodyparts.

What I don't like:
1) Too long between exercises. Since these are circuits, I don't feel like I need any time between exercises. I usually fast-forward through the rests.

The things I like greatly outweigh the one thing I don't like. It's a drag to have to fast-forward, but I would rather do that than have to pause the workout to catch up (like in Supreme 90). Frank does talk a lot, but it doesn't really bother me. I am indifferent to the amount of "chatter" in a workout (I don't mind Tracy Anderson OR Tony Horton).

I haven't tried the split workouts because I really prefer total-body workouts (or an upper/lower split), but for me the $20 price was worth getting three workouts I really like. The rest is just a bonus.
Old 11-02-13, 12:07 PM  
angie_nrs

Another poster didn't like the smaller ball. But, I actually really like it. I am doing Dream Body and the smaller ball works much better for me. I don't like the bigger one for many of the exercises so I was doing the exercises without the ball. Now, I can use the smaller one so it will work great for me there.

I still haven't done any of these workouts yet, but I used the original coupon code and paid $21.95. It seems like a good deal considering everything that came with the set. If I like the workouts, that will be a bonus!
angie_nrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180, vitamin world