Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-14-19, 02:37 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today I did a workout by Velvet Hammer called the 500 Rep workout. I know I did more reps because since I used lighter weights I did about 15 for every 10 she did. This workout started with abs, and at first I was just going to cardio my way through but I did some of the exercises and could really feel my abs working for the rest of the workout. Interesting. At any rate there were weights all over the room when I was done. Hubby came home early and I was able to give him a nice sweaty hug :P

SB, I'm really getting sick of the gloom. While I was exercising, we had a few minutes of sunshine, but that's about it

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 10:17 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did 5 miles with Lesley. She was aside on the computer screen while I watched Rachael Ray make a weirdly unappetizing chicken taco salad...and other TV fare. Not a normal workout for me....but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. My knee probably thanks me!

PP - you and your hubby. I love it!

SB - I managed a short walk today with Woody. it was kind of unsatisfying for both of us. Too muddy from the rain. Like you said: grey, wet, damp.
Old 12-15-19, 10:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

So I'm continuing with my newly discovered streaming skills and I started a free trial with Exhale on Demand. This is Core Fusion's streaming site.
I'm a big Core Fusion fan and it's a 30 day free trial which is unheard of so what the heck. I did a really nice Barre with props workout that included light weights for upper body and the loop band for lower body and abs. Loved it.
Loved seeing Lis and Fred still at it too, looking great I might add. I wasn't going to walk because it was still misty, gloomy and wet but DS asked me to join him so how could I resist. We went for a very brisk, albeit misty, 45 minute walk. Then I had work last night. I also have work at noon today so I probably won't workout.

PENGUIN, nice job with the 500 Rep workout. Sounds like a good one.

NORA, nice job with Leslie. Maybe I should try watching tv with Leslie on the computer screen next time I do a Leslie workout.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 08:46 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB, I recommend it! today, I did Leslie while listening to a podcast. It's not like you have to hang on her every word to see what's going down! Did three miles while listening to Dolly Parton's America. Now, I want to go to Dollywood! PP, I bet you've been!
Old 12-16-19, 06:11 PM  
patchworkpenguin

waddle by post!

I did a 30m Dance that Walk with Up To the Beat Fitness called Christmas Beats which was really fun, followed by Shoulders, Arms, Chest and Back by Fitness Blender in 16min {!} which wasn't any fun at all. I'm trying a week of a short cardio followed by a short weight workout. We'll see how long that lasts.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 10:41 PM  
Tammie M

Hi all! Here are my latest workouts.

Friday (12/13) - Joyce Vedral Bottoms Up Gold Plus!: Upper Body & Abs
Saturday (12/14) - Joyce Vedral Bottoms Up Gold Plus!: Lower Body & Back + Classical Stretch Season 10 - 1024
Sunday (12/15) - Core Rhythms Quick Workout + Gunnar Peterson's Core Secrets: 25 Minute Full Body Workout + Classical Stretch Season 10 - 1022
Monday (12/16) - Linda's Barlates Functional Training Series: High and Low + Classical Stretch Season 10 - 1023

Penguin, great workouts. I hope you like mixing the short cardio with the short weight workouts. The Christmas workouts sound very festive. I hope you were able to attend the Christmas party.

SB, I am glad you are enjoying the free streaming offers. I have one Exhale Core Fusion dvd. I enjoy them and I like that they are shorter workouts which I can combine with other workouts. You should enjoy 30 days of free workouts - wow!

Nora, I am glad your knee is feeling better. Good job finding workouts that don't aggravate it. I never thought of exercising to cooking shows! I have a Nordic Track and I tried to watch TV when using it. It is actually noisy so that didn't work very well. I found I could use books on tape while exercising on it. I find machines boring so it is tough to make myself use it for just cardio. I use it for the KCM dvd that uses home exercise machines.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 10:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just stopping in to say hi. I worked all day Sunday so no workouts. Yesterday I was tired and just couldn't motivate myself to workout. The weather is still gloomy and crappy. Yesterday was DS birthday so we did go out to dinner to celebrate so that was fun. I have been thinking it's time to break out the Leslie dvds since I don't think the outdoor walking is going to be happening too much over the next several months.

TAMMIE, great workouts the past few days.

PENGUIN, nice job with the dance workout. It's funny, I was just thinking that I need to do some Leslie combined with maybe a short MR, similar to what you mentioned. I too will see how long that lasts.

Old 12-17-19, 06:03 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I decided to take a couple of rest days to help my knee and my foot. Seems to be working. Tomorrow, I'll do something.

Tammie, I have trouble with machines too. We have an eliptical which I never use. But now that I have discovered podcasts and audio books, maybe I'd find it less boring.

SB - Yes, the weather is truly a deterrent to walking these days. I was really on a roll with my walking, but now I find it just too much with the ice and cold.

PP - sounds like you're keeping up your workouts in the walk-up to Christmas. It's not always easy!
Old 12-18-19, 09:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did 2 miles with Leslie from her Miracle Miles set. That's about my limit with Leslie these days. Then I did a short thigh, glute and ab blast from Exhale on Demand. It's sunny today and I would really love to do an outdoor walk but it's going to have to warm up a bit more before I do that. We had a lot of freezing rain yesterday and all the trees are iced over today. It looks beautiful but it's causing a lot of downed trees and power lines. So we'll see how it goes.

NORA, glad to hear the rest helped your knee and foot.

Old 12-19-19, 10:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 45 minute walk in the winter wonderland. Shortly after I was done a crazy snow squall came through and dumped almost an inch of snow in a very short period of time. I'm just glad I wasn't out walking in that.
Today isn't supposed to get above 25 degrees so I'll probably do something indoors.

Have a great day everyone!!