Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-15-19, 01:08 PM  
alydinva

I bought the digital version of these workouts and they were made available either Thursday or Friday (I can't remember lol). I just finished the Cardio Strength workout and I really enjoyed. It was similar in format to her Peak 10 Cardio Strength, but I liked it more because the blocks were shorter (Peak 10 was too repetitive for me) and there were only 3 blocks. Michelle does give modifications during the cardio, but I don't recall any during the strength segments other than removing the lower body portions of the exercises (the strength moves were all compound moves).

The thing that surprised me was that there was no real warmup - you jump right into the first block with the strength moves. I used 5 pound weights during that section as opposed to the second time around when I used 10 pounds. Next time I will do my own warmup before the workout because I do feel that took away from the workout. If there wasn't going to be a warmup, I think I would've preferred her starting with the cardio which I could easily do at a lower intensity to warm up.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 01:37 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
I bought the digital version of these workouts and they were made available either Thursday or Friday (I can't remember lol). I just finished the Cardio Strength workout and I really enjoyed. It was similar in format to her Peak 10 Cardio Strength, but I liked it more because the blocks were shorter (Peak 10 was too repetitive for me) and there were only 3 blocks. Michelle does give modifications during the cardio, but I don't recall any during the strength segments other than removing the lower body portions of the exercises (the strength moves were all compound moves).

The thing that surprised me was that there was no real warmup - you jump right into the first block with the strength moves. I used 5 pound weights during that section as opposed to the second time around when I used 10 pounds. Next time I will do my own warmup before the workout because I do feel that took away from the workout. If there wasn't going to be a warmup, I think I would've preferred her starting with the cardio which I could easily do at a lower intensity to warm up.
And that’s exactly why I didn’t buy these workouts.. I was concerned there may not be a warmup, similar to her last DVD release. I’m not sure why she wouldn’t include that.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 01:59 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I think the warm up is a chapter by itself....just checked, it isn't drats.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 02:40 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I think the warm up is a chapter by itself....just checked, it isn't drats.
Yes, I thought the section called “Start Here” might be the warmup but it was just an intro to the series (I think the same one we saw to promote the series.
Old 12-15-19, 03:32 PM  
pharma_gal

So is there no warm up in any of the workouts?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 06:11 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Aawww frig!!!!!! I hate that!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 06:22 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I just checked and all of the other workouts have warmups. The pure cardio workout has a beginning that can pass for a warmup, but I'm fine with that since it's only 21 minutes of real work and I will most likely use it as an add-on.
Old 12-15-19, 06:23 PM  
alydinva

Also, can someone remind me where I've heard her cool down music before? I can't place it and it's driving me crazy!

I figured it out! It's from Seasun's Z-Fit.
Old 12-17-19, 07:47 AM  
Rhonda

Got my shipping notice. Says 3 days so maybe by the weekend I will have new DVDs from Michelle.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 08:44 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Got my shipping notice too, so excited!

Tags
michelle dozois, one on one