Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-13-19, 03:13 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Linda, It felt very good. I have to get my coordination down so the machine does not move.

I tried a yoga mat but it still creeps.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 03:25 PM  
furmomof6

Cheryl, I have a Stott Pilates reformer. I got an amazing deal for a used one on the Marketplace. It was in great condition. I really do want to use it more.

Donna, I did see that FW challenge! I'd like to follow it too. I signed up for Jessica's Pilates camp in January, but I'd rather do Faithful Workouts. I reserve the right to change my mind though.

Cheri, sounds good!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did:

Winsor Pilates Maximum Burn - I think that is the title - it was a cardio/dance type workout - nothing too taxing but a nice change of pace. I have had the DVD for years. Can't recall if I acquired it in a trade or purchased it or if I ever did it before today! EEK!

Ellen B - Power Express - 15 min of weights/fusion

Christine - I signed up for Jessica's Pilates Camp, too. But i wonder if it is the same as the Pilates Camp she did in September? I think FW may be a good choice - but like you, I always reserve the right to change my mind! Thanks for posting that link!

Carol - congrats to DS!!! Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating this milestone. My DD got her PSAT results, 99th percentile for verbal but not as good in math, as I expected. She may consider the ACT instead of SAT b/c I think the ACT has more geometry which is the math she is good at - algebra is a nightmare for her.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 10:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all ~

No exercise yesterday, I was too busy getting ready for the big day today. I woke up early, as excited as if it were my graduation! Silly parent!

This morning's quick workouts:

Get Healthy U TV - Quick Cardio Blast 1 - 10 minutes & Lower Body Shred 1 - 10 minutes

Chris led both of these easy to follow, low impact, workouts.

Donna - Nice work! I have a few of those workouts. Actually I probably have a lot of them. I understand about your daughter's right brain/left brain thing. Not surprised that Geometry is something that she excels at as opposed to Algebra.

Cheryl - Thank you for the offer. I think I've already bought them used on Amazon.

Cheri - LOL!

Christine - I'm a variety addict as well when it comes to workouts.

Linda - Classical Stretch drives me crazy that way. Miranda couldn't cue her way out of a paper sack.

Have a great weekend! Off to clean up for the festivities.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 03:49 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Faithful Workouts: Beginner Upper Body, Core & Stretch

Carol, congrats to DS! I've been enjoying the variety, and cross-training!

Donna, that's a good question about Jessica's boot camp. I know she just had surgery, so maybe it will be the same one. I'm leaning more towards Faithful Workouts.

Dana, I love the new picture of Basil! Does he climb your tree?

Waves to everyone!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 12-15-19, 10:09 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Dana, I love the new picture of Basil! Does he climb your tree?
ePilates Gentle Sunrise Stretch 18m.
Leslie's 3 Miracle Miles.
I used 2lb hand weights throughout and the miracle band as indicated. I like the band, but Leslie spends more time holding the band and talking about how wonderful it is rather than actually using it.

Carol, my beloved Basil is well over 17 yo. Even in his younger days he was not a climber or a jumper. He is a Brit, so he is a big and heavy cat that by nature prefers to be close to the ground. My sweetheart Ziggy (also a Brit) whom I lost last year was the same way. However, they would try to knock down the lower-hanging ornaments off the tree. I treasure every day I have with Basil and miss my Ziggy daily.

Waves to all!
Old 12-15-19, 05:23 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Someone posted about GHUTV deal for the first YEAR of streaming for $3 for Premium membership. I just signed up. It's such a crazy deal that I couldn't pass it up. I'm familiar with Chris and I like her, besides I was going to buy her Walk & Sculpt DVD set that's on sale for $39.99 + shipping + tax and seemed I would have to out of my mind to spend that on DVDs when I can have them all available (and tons more) for just $3. So I bit.

In January, I plan to follow their walking/sculpting calendar and also do ePilates online. Both calendars compliment each other nicely and it won't be an overkill. I'm aiming for consistency next year.....some walking, some weights and most of all pilates. I'm feeling really good after following Emma's calendar for the past 2 weeks. Stand taller, feel looser and no lower back or hip pain.

Link to GHUTV deal: https://go.gethealthyutv.com/C19939/...9770C87EDFAE2B

ETA: I've spent some enjoyable time tonight exploring GHUTV and I'm very pleasantly surprised! I'm impressed with the variety of workouts and the organization and presentation within the website. I'm looking forward to trying some workouts for sure!
Old 12-16-19, 07:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Get Healthy U TV - Quick Cardio Blast 2 - 10 minutes & Upper Body Tone 1 - 10 minutes

I'm enjoying these shorter Get Healthy U TV workouts. It looks like that there are a lot of beginner level workouts, which is good. The $3 deal, plus the $13 for the Gold membership was too good to pass up.

Graduation was great (but loud). DS was the third from the last to get his diploma - his College (Engineering, Math & Computer Science) was last and our family is alphabetically challenged (last name starts with a V). He was pleased and exhausted. Heck, I was exhausted Saturday night and yesterday.

Dana - I'm thinking about starting that Walk, Sweat & Sculpt calendar as well. It would work well with Pilates Nest, as does the Move to Lose calendar, which I'm doing now.

Christine & Donna - Thanks for the graduation congratulations for DS - that really touched him. By the way, I'm thinking that Jessica's Boot Camp is the same one as last year.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 10:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday here's what I did:

Sunday:

Caroline Sandry - Pilates in Motion - Upper Body
Caroline Sandry - 30 days to flat abs Pilates Day # 1
Caroline Sandry - 30 Day total body tone Day # 1
Long outdoor walk

Monday:

Caroline Sandry - Pilates in Motion - Lower Body
Caroline Sandry- 30 days to flat abs Pilates Day #2

I'll probably go back to Ellen tomorrow - but you never know, LOL!

I think Jessica's Bootcamp will be the same, too. She will probably just recycle it several times a year whenever she opens up her membership site.

I think I will sub to Get Healthy U at some point in the new year, just not sure when. It seems they have a lot of 30 min workouts which are good for me!!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 11:15 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Beginner Total Body

I hope to get a walk in later too!

Donna, the only challenge I ever did with Jessica was the most recent one a few months ago. Are the ones during the new year different than those? I'm still leaning heavily towards the Faithful Workouts New Year challenge anyway.

Carol, I'm glad the graduation went well! The wait is hard, especially when there's a big class, or you're at the end of the alphabet like you mentioned! I think if my DH were younger, he would get along great with your son. He also has a degree in engineering and is really good with numbers. I, on the other hand, am not!

Dana, that's an awesome deal!! I get overwhelmed with too many choices so, while I did check out the site and am interested in the walking program, I don't think I'll join at this point. Basil sounds so sweet!!

Waves to everyone!