Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-09-19, 05:18 PM  
laurajhawk

After a week-long break at Thanksgiving (traveling & doing only a little yoga each day), it was too daunting to jump back into LIIFT4, so I started a Walk Strong 3 rotation. I'll aim to stick with that through the holidays and into January. It provided good flexibility b/c the workouts are only an hour - I can add on yoga etc. if I have more time, especially if the weather's bad so I can't walk outside. Jessica is a friendly face on dark mornings, and the Florida scenery outside those big windows doesn't hurt either.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 05:33 PM  
Karla25

I had a bad habit of reaching for the same workouts which eventually caused me to start getting doms. I switched up my routine by only doing easier workouts for a couple of weeks. Surprisingly I became stronger and didn’t have doms when I went back to the more difficult workouts.

For this upcoming new year I’ve decided to try and not repeat the same instructor or same type of workout in a week. I’m hoping I can do this for a couple of months. However, I am addicted to certain workouts so it will be tough :-) My goal is to do rotations with three weeks of more difficult workouts followed by 2-3 weeks of easier workouts. Each week I will try to fit in cardio, weights, balance, barre, stretching and yoga workouts. I’m hoping this will keep me strong and flexible with less risk of injury :-)
Old 12-09-19, 08:06 PM  
Tanja

Working on strength and flexibility

I am pairing Flexibility & Beyond with Chaleane Extreme for the first quarter of the year, followed Flexibility & Beyond with Cathe's Gymstyles. I will reevaluate after these two rotations but strength and flexibility are here to stay for this 50+ year old.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 09:27 PM  
marki64

I like my workouts, so I will keep doing my dvds and you tube. I like the variety of you tube and doing different workouts but also like my dvd collection. Definitely no boredom.

Also inherited a workout machine. My husband had to order a missing part. But looking forward to adding machine weights into my workouts.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 09:14 PM  
Anny

I'm definitely planning on doing Yoga with Adriene's new January challenge alongside walking and swimming (summer here in Australia).

After that, I am not so sure!
Old 12-16-19, 07:17 AM  
goldengirl

I have been a member of a streaming site for the past year and I have really started to miss my DVDs. I am going to focus on my abs using cario, yoga, pilates and traditional ab exercises. Last night I did Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Slim and Sleek Walk. The standing ab section of Kathy Smith Tummy Trimmers is one that I have been reaching for often. I will be sorting through my DVDs and planning a rotation to start on New Year's Day.

Diane
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 10:27 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny View Post
I'm definitely planning on doing Yoga with Adriene's new January challenge alongside walking and swimming (summer here in Australia).

After that, I am not so sure!
You know, this sounds good! Although it is winter here - no swimming (at least not without a gym membership and indoor pool!) but the yoga/walking combo sounds just right. Even though it is cold, my work load is lighter in the winter, so I have more time to get out to walk at lunch time. So...perhaps Adriene in the morning, a walk in the afternoon and something quick in the evening - (10-20 min).

I can easily face Adriene on winter mornings....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 02:27 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I can easily face Adriene on winter mornings....Donna
Lol Donna re facing Adriene on winter mornings! Adriene is usually an after work practice for me.

Your plan sounds good.
Old 12-16-19, 02:31 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny View Post
Lol Donna re facing Adriene on winter mornings! Adriene is usually an after work practice for me.

Your plan sounds good.
I am an extreme morning person, but sometimes Adriene talks too much for me in the morning! I love using the you tube channel "Yoga Upload " in the morning because the instructor is very low key.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 02:39 PM  
donnamp

Actually, I suppose I could face Adriene in the evening, too! LOL!

I am eager to see what her new program looks like. I did not use her 2019 program at all...and didn't do much yoga this year....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bret contreras, glute lab, new year, new year goals, new year rotations, ymca