Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-16, 09:28 AM  
PrairieGem

Oh! This is the live one! What's that like? It says it was "filmed in front of a live audience," which sounds weird. Are they an audience, like a sitcom, or are they exercising, like the crowds in those big Tae-Bo workouts?

"Amped-up cardio" sounds fun, though! I like tough, short cardio, and I tend to like KCM's cardio more than her weights.
Old 08-20-16, 12:23 PM  
Sultana

I think this was just filmed on her recent road trip.
I wonder how much boxing is in there. In the clip I watched it seemed minimal. I didn't pre order, thinking it would be a lot of boxing, but the w/o looks like a lot of fun.
Sultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-16, 11:11 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Yes this is the one that was filmed on the recent road trip and they most certainly are exercising!

I don't recall that there was a ton of boxing in it. Some of the combos included some boxing but they weren't lengthy drills, and none of the combos was boxing only.

I just did this one for the second time using my own 'premix.' I did the premix that was both of the cardio sections (no drills) followed by the drill only premix (skipping the warmup since I was obviously warmed up already). Different twist and I enjoyed it this way too.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 12:34 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I just did this one for the second time using my own 'premix.' I did the premix that was both of the cardio sections (no drills) followed by the drill only premix (skipping the warmup since I was obviously warmed up already). Different twist and I enjoyed it this way too.
I did this same thing today! I have not cared for most of KCM's latest weight workouts (too many reps and drills stuff), so to get back to KCM's fun cardio was so refreshing! I loved everything about this one -- fun music, fun moves, enough reps but not too many, not too much choreography, not too many similar moves to other workouts, and varied impact levels. She was so into the workout too, and that made it fun. I'm glad to finally have just some fun cardio again from her! Hope she continues with more!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 01:17 PM  
sherry7899

Would someone who has the workout please try to describe the cardio that is NOT boxing I may put this on my holiday exchange wishlist. Thanks!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 01:42 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Would someone who has the workout please try to describe the cardio that is NOT boxing I may put this on my holiday exchange wishlist. Thanks!

Sherry
The segments consist of boxing(ish) followed by fun aerobics moves followed by a bit more challenging drills with some impact (easily modified). The cardio is mostly old school moves, jogging in place, ponys, slides, knee ups. Kelly made them all really fun though by throwing some hip shakes in and a bit of dancing. I really liked the last segment with standing abs. I made a mental note that it doesn't take up much space. I did the premix w/o the drills, and then went back and did the premix of just the drills and those aren't boxing; they are more athletic moves that get your heart rate up. Kind of a mish-mosh of a bunch of cardio, with boxing about 1/3 of the cardio, in my opinion...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 02:29 PM  
sherry7899

Thank you! I appreciate your response.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amped up cardio, amped-up cardio, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer