Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-16, 11:11 AM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Schoolgirl-01, what kind of workouts seem to be good for your knees? I'm 54 and I had knee surgery two years ago, and I've noticed that if I miss working out for more than two days, my knees feel stiffer. For me Jari Love workouts have been working out well, as well as consistent cardio, as long as I keep the impact to a minimum. The worst thing for my knees is inactivity.

For quite a while I was afraid of weight workouts for my knees, but after trying Cathe's ICE workouts, I realized they made my knees actually feel better. I remember when my knee surgeon told me to stay away from squats and lunges, but that was right after surgery. To me it only makes sense to strengthen the muscles that support the knees, but I just keep the weight to a reasonable amount so I don't stress out the joints too much.

I'm just curious what has worked for other people with knee issues.

Thanks,
Sue
i do kettlebells 4 or 5 days a week and think it's done the best for rehabbing my knee.

i also do KCM or Cathe Ice or Low Impact Series.

Cathe Ice To The Mat, Low Impact Sweat, and Turbo Barre has helped a lot. i do each of those DVDs once a week.

i also do step like Cathe Low Max or the Stairmaster. i live in South Florida the land of no stairs or hills. it only became clear to me when we were living here for about 6 months or so how bad that is for my knee. so we bought a stairmaster and i'll do Low Max once a week (i use one riser).

then when i'm done beating up my knee for the day i do Yoga Tune UP i have all the DVDs.

then on the weekend i'll do a long foam roller/yoga combined DVD called Flexible Warrior 5.0 Foam Roll, Stretch, Recover.

now on top of this i take a large amount of supplements for joint health (i don't think this is diet related).

I take Neocell Collagen II, Super Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, and Mega Red Krill Oil. i take other stuff but those are the ones that i think help my knee.

we went away for the weekend last week and i forgot my pills by the time we got home i could tell my joints weren't as juicy as they typically are and i felt it in my knees when i did my monday exercises. within two days of taking the supplements my joints went right back to being juicy.

always feel free to ask me anything, my life is an open book and us knee people have to stick together.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 mtf, favorite kcm, kcm, kcm athletic conditioning, kcm results, kcm strength, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, trim down