Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-14, 05:35 AM  
sherry7899

Yoga Tune Up Jill Miller Treat While you Train dvd and kit

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jill...DVD-p/1168.htm

https://www.yogatuneup.com/Treat-Whi...tt-Jill-Miller

At Mary's, the price is for the dvds only.

The set at Jill's site which includes the equipment is here:

https://www.yogatuneup.com/Treat-Whi...tt-Jill-Miller

Has anyone tried this? I really like the original tune up balls, and I'm curious about the other sizes.

Thanks!

I wrote to Jill's site to ask if the "lower torso" segment includes work for the low back and hips.

ETA: Mary does sell the set with equipment on Amazon through her store there:

http://www.amazon.com/Treat-While-Tr...hile+you+train

Maybe I'll save up Amazon reward points for it......

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 08:21 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

I'd love to hear if anyone has and uses this too, Sherry. It looks good! Looks like the DVD is instructional which is fine.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 09:40 AM  
mercedes

thanks. I really like Jill
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 10:43 AM  
nicky

Thanks Sherry! I love Jill and her Yoga Tune Up series.

I noticed that Mary does have the full kit on her website now! Oh and she also has parts of the kit and balls for sale separately. She is so great that way.

Hmmm...my birthday is coming up. I may have to treat myself
nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 10:46 AM  
sherry7899

Nicky- thanks! Mary must have posted them in the last few hours.

I may get the upcoming book from Jill and order whichever equipment I think I would use separately. I might not need the Dvd if I had the book.
That sounds like a perfect birthday gift.

Old 09-21-14, 01:06 PM  
lrb04

I have Jill Massage DVD & was going to order this new workout because I Jill & want everything Jill. I called the girl at Yoga tune up & asked about the kit. She said it was geared more for intense exercisers more athletic so since I am not in that category but a non intense exerciser I opted not to buy. I still think it might be good for many who are not intense but I just thought I throw that out to others to be more informed.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 01:11 PM  
lrb04

Jill also sells the larger balls on her site if you want them but not the whole kit. They say the smaller balls get ino the area more. I have both the smaller & next size up ball. I have everything but Alpha ball. I bought from Jill's site. Maybe someone could ask Mary if he can just carry the separate balls.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 01:14 PM  
sherry7899

Fran- I do not do intense exercise either. I appreciate the information. I may just buy her book when it comes out and see which other tune up balls I would need. I have the original ones.

Old 09-21-14, 01:38 PM  
Vantreesta

I have Coregeous but didn't get the Coregeous ball. How different is it from the Barre3 ball or similar Pilates balls?

I didn't get the smaller YTU balls either, just the Plus size. I also have the Alpha ball. Unfortunately, I haven't used them much. Shame on me! I definitely need to!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 02:22 PM  
Orlita

I'm a Yoga Tune Up instructor, so I have all the balls, and I got the new DVD. The DVD has new ways to use the balls, which I appreciate because as a teacher I want to keep things fresh.

Because it's co-taught, and it has a male as well as female demo person, it probably will appeal to men more than the ones where only Jill is teaching.

As for the different balls, the 2 smaller sets are used generally for the same movements, with one being for people with larger frames or who find the small ones too intense. I like to use the big one against the wall for pecs in the rotator cuff series, so my breasts and/or head are not bumping into the wall. It's also so yummy to roll on for the glutes (and so are the smaller balls, but it's a different type of massage with the single big one).

Jill's lower body work definitely includes fantastic work for the hips and glutes as well as lower back and legs. I haven't explored that on the new DVD yet, but I can't imagine she'd not address that critical area in that set. The first set explored it so well. I teach hips/glutes a lot. Upper back is the most popular. Hips/glutes is intense but also such a commonly tight area that people love that series, too. We're all so tight there, either from activity or inactivity.

I know Jill would answer these questions far better & with more depth re: which balls for what. But I hope my experience helps. I think Jill is genius, which is why I opted to pursue Yoga Tune Up teaching. She has a ton of videos on her youtube channel, too. So you can sample some of the series she teaches on the DVDs.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jill miller, kelly starrett, therapy ball, treat while you train, yoga tune up