Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-16, 06:08 PM  
katherine4

Best exercises/video for toning the FRONT of the thighs

I am desperate for an exercise or short section of a workout video that will really tone the front of my thighs. I have just started Ballet Beautiful for the butt/hips/outer thighs but I need a short workout that I can add in that will quickly tone up the front of my thighs which have become very unsightly after a couple of years of neglect. In fact, I'm horrified by what I'm seeing so I need to take action fast now that summer is approaching!!

I would love to hear sure-fire recommendations that, preferably, are easy to fit into my schedule.

Thank you!
katherine4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-16, 06:21 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

A simple and convenient exercise for the front of the thighs (and hamstrings and glutes) is a step-up onto a platform or stair step. You can do variations by keeping one leg planted on the platform and continuously lift and lower, or you can alternate legs, stepping up-up-down-down. Another simple exercise that you can do anywhere (i.e. while brushing your teeth) is straight leg lifts with the leg in front of you (great for front of the thigh); a variation is to lift the leg up straight, bend it, straighten it, and lower. Do a bunch of reps on one leg and then the other. A small ankle weight will make it harder.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-16, 08:26 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I really liked my legs when I did Callanetics 10/10. There is a Callanetics Legs DVD which I think has the same exercises and is under 20 minutes long, and it looks like you can get a DVD with all the Quick Callanetics workouts on one DVD.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-16, 08:48 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Bar Method workouts often have front of thigh moves. In fact, I'd say just about any barre video will work all angles of thighs well. Ballet Physique Signature Sculpt does, as well.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-16, 09:23 PM  
firmaniac

Parts videos from The FIRM gave me dimensional toning on the front of my thighs - Scupted Hips Buns Thighs and Lower Body Shaping from the original Classic era achieved this. Since early days I've isolated that the specific moves involving ankle weights worn while you do frontal lifts (in traditional ab crunch pose w/ arms behind head) really kick in the burn. As a past 'wonky knee' sufferer, floor work w/ dumbbells and ankle weights *really* helped me quickly and safely. Muscle definition to the max.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-16, 09:41 PM  
Elle K

Barlates has a specific front of thigh workout.. Linda Wooldridge on youtube.
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-16, 10:27 PM  
seww

Spinning and biking
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-16, 10:37 PM  
SueT

So Julie, you would say the Classics, since they have more floor work, are the best for strengthening the knees?

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-16, 01:19 AM  
videofit

Margaret Richard's workouts have lots of floorwork and she really helped my knees over the years.
Old 05-15-16, 06:44 AM  
Tugger31

I believe there is a section on Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout floor work section that specifically works the front on the thighs.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
legs, quads, thighs