Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-13, 12:46 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Man, nothing worked for me like Burn it Up and Shape it Up.
They are magic for me.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 02:54 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
Man, nothing worked for me like Burn it Up and Shape it Up.
They are magic for me.
Have to agree. I love Slim Series and I have never slimmed down so quick in my thighs or seen such dramatic changes doing anything else. I keep coming back to these every so often and I can't picture a circumstance under which I would part with these workouts.

Magic, that's right .
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 09:37 AM  
TinaT

If I understand right, Slim Series workouts are chaptered. So even though they are long routines, I can stop or skip around based on time,etc. Gotta love chaptering.
What's the heaviest weight used in these... on average?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 09:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
If I understand right, Slim Series workouts are chaptered. So even though they are long routines, I can stop or skip around based on time,etc. Gotta love chaptering.
Yes, this is how I usually use Slim Series. Very easy to skip around. I think they use 3s and 5s in the DVDs but I have used 8s for some of the moves. It's been awhile so I can't remember which ones but I do remember going up to 8. I don't think you would have to use 8s though and still get a good workout since they are high rep. I think I've even read of people using heavier but that's certainly not how these workouts were designed to be used.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 10:00 AM  
TinaT

I truly believe that my days of heavy weight lifting is behind me. So trying the Slim Series (again) might be what my body will respond to better. It was so long ago when I tried it, that I can't remember anything. It would feel new to me.
Old 02-26-13, 12:09 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I used Slim in 6 a lot during early pregnancy and when restarting after my 3 c-sections. I always used dumbbells (not a fan of bands) and found Ramp it Up and Burn it Up good, thorough workouts without impact. Slim Series does get pretty boring, but like Peggy (waves!), they really did work for me. I alternated SS with kickboxing.

I always start with 3 and 5 lb weights and am able to progress to 5, 8, and 10 lbs (10 mostly for back).

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-13, 12:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

slim series is magic for me as well. do a search, and there's a great many success stories.

you can cut the longer ones in half. also, there's a "mute music" option and you can play your own music (128-132 BPM will do it).

there's also a bridge workout called "Keep It Up" which is a separate add-on, but is a full-length workout. it comes with slim in six pack (abs) and slim & limber (the stretch workout).

Si6 uses bands and SS uses weights. you can use whatever resistance you want, though.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 12:07 PM  
TinaT

bzar ~ For the first time ever I'm excited about trying a beach body system. I guess my lack of motivation has come from trying the same routine I've been on but expecting different results. (which hasn't worked out very well). I went ahead and ordered SI6 this morning .. and then trying to trade for SS and SE dvds.

Light weight work sounds so good right now.
Old 02-27-13, 12:34 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Tina, I always use 3 pound weights for Slim Series. Granted, I use them as endurance workouts and not muscle-building workouts. I also substitute some aerobic moves for some of the upper body work because there is so much that my arms just get tired, even with 3 pounds! So, as you pointed out, they are easy to skip around with because of the chaptering but they're also easy to modify to suit your needs.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 02:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
bzar ~ For the first time ever I'm excited about trying a beach body system. I guess my lack of motivation has come from trying the same routine I've been on but expecting different results. (which hasn't worked out very well). I went ahead and ordered SI6 this morning .. and then trying to trade for SS and SE dvds.

Light weight work sounds so good right now.
Tina, when i read your posts, i can't help but feel we are vidiot twins. seriously! i read your posts and get inspired, and pull out my old vids.

at the moment, i have been working in some of my old pilates videos and core training videos, doing short stints, every other day.

my main rotation right now consists of 30 minute segments of AWT. not necessarily The Firm, but high rep, low weights, and sometimes i throw in 1 heavy lifting workout. i just might be doing a Si6 workout this week!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, firm it up, keep it up, slim in 6, slim series