Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-13, 03:32 PM  
momofcha

For those of you confused, I'm sure these are set up like her youtube stuff - very intense total body workouts - but all are under 20 minutes.... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't have expected them to be longer than that???

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 04:21 PM  
Pam

I have order, but not rec'd mine yet. I plan to use these as an add-on to other workouts for the day, as they are short. Or, maybe as a short 2nd workout later in the day.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 04:49 PM  
LeanneM

Mine arrived, too! They look great!

Yes, the workouts are only around 12 minutes each, but Zuzana said that just doing them should be enough, although you can add them on to other workouts, which is what I plan on doing.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 04:52 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyfit View Post
Great review, does that mean that the workouts are less than 15 minutes a day 5 days a week?
I only viewed Workout #1 which is under 10 minutes so I guess if you add in the warm-up and cool-down, then your workout time should be in the 15 - 20 minute range???? (I have not timed the warm-up, cool-down or extra abs.) (Also you could add in the bonus ab workout to make it longer.)
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 04:56 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
I'm confused too. If a workout is 20 minutes, even if intense, I don't feel sufficiently "worked out." It sounds like each daily workout is about 10 minutes long (which really wouldn't be enough for me), and that each of the 3 DVDs contains 4 10-minute workouts (i.e., 4 days of workouts). However, you say that the calendar suggests 5 days of workouts and 2 days off. Is that right? Are you supposed to repeat one of the 4 workouts twice in 1 week?
Here is the calendar:

Week 1

Sun - workout 1
Mon - workout 2
Tue - off
Wed - workout 3
Thur - workout 4
Fri - off
Sat - workout 5

Week 2

you do workouts 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10

Week 3

you do workouts 11, 12, 1, 2, 3 and 4

Week 4

you do workouts 5, 6 7 8 and 9
Old 01-10-13, 04:57 PM  
Fit Mommy

Just finished workout 1 and 2 followed by the cool down and I'm literally dripping in sweat. Zuzana is a BUTT Kicker for sure...I am loving what I'm seeing so far...the workouts don't have music, so I just threw on my fave playlist from pandora and went at it. 10-12 minutes-ish a workout is plenty if you give it your all. I can't wait for tomorrow! What a bargain these were!!!!!
Fit Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 05:01 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
I'm confused too. If a workout is 20 minutes, even if intense, I don't feel sufficiently "worked out." It sounds like each daily workout is about 10 minutes long (which really wouldn't be enough for me), and that each of the 3 DVDs contains 4 10-minute workouts (i.e., 4 days of workouts). However, you say that the calendar suggests 5 days of workouts and 2 days off. Is that right? Are you supposed to repeat one of the 4 workouts twice in 1 week?
I am not sure of the lengths of each workout ..... I only viewed workout #1 in its entirety which was about 10 minutes long and did not include the warmup and cool-down nor the added ab work.

There are 12 workouts ....... you basically do workouts 1 through 12 and then finish off the rest of the month with workouts 1 through 9 (I posted the calendar above.) When you complete your first 30 days, the back of the video case tells you to go to her website where you can download two additional calendars.
Old 01-10-13, 05:11 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass View Post
I am so excited. Cannot wait to get mine!!!!! I should have paid 3 more bucks for faster shipping. Gah! Thanks for you pre-review!
I got it today too and I didn't pay for faster shipping. I was surprised that I got it so fast and thought I wouldn't get until Monday. I ordered from Amazon.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 05:12 PM  
hotncmom

Does she offer beginner modifications? I really want to order this, but it's just all. those. burpees. When I used to do Zuzana's workouts, I would mostly just make up my own circuits from her workouts and use my interval timer. I would never, ever choose to do burpees.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 05:18 PM  
olala

I plan to do all 4 workouts today.
I had been doing BodyRock two years ago exclusively and 12-18 minutes is not enough.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watch it now, win tv, zcut, zuzana, zuzana light, zuzka light