Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-12, 08:44 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Rip 60 question

What's your favorite Rip 60 DVD?

I bought it today at Walmart and I want to try a few DVD's before I decide if I'm going to keep it. Which one is the best ? (I've been doing TRX for awhile now, so I'm familiar with the equipment and challenging exercises)

Thanks,

Lauren
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 08:50 PM  
EnglishIvy

As I recall, you are an advanced exerciser? The GSP workout was the only one in the bunch that I found remotely challenging/interesting. It's actually the only one from that set that I ever do.

ETA: But I love the Rip 60 trainer and use it for a host of other workouts.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 09:39 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
As I recall, you are an advanced exerciser? The GSP workout was the only one in the bunch that I found remotely challenging/interesting. It's actually the only one from that set that I ever do.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll be returning it. I have a TRX at home but don't really use it because I don't like the DVDs. I thought I read some where that the DVDs with the Rip 60 were much better.

I'm not sure I want another set of straps that won't get much use. I wish there were better DVD workouts. I do a TRX class that I love. I try to do the same exercises at home but it's just not the same.

Do you do your own workouts with the Rip 60 ?
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 10:38 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post

Good to know, thank you. I was eyeing Rip60 now that my Crooscore is on my way. I think I'll past.

My plan is to combine Suspension Trainer exercises with Animal Conditioning Bodyweigh once I finish JNL. Maybe I throw some KB swings. I'll take some time to plan the circuits later on. The good thing is that Greg explains that the only thing missing on the AC program for a full TB conditioning is the pulling component. So Suspension training is perfect
Old 06-09-12, 10:51 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Hmmm. Maybe I'll be returning it. I have a TRX at home but don't really use it because I don't like the DVDs. I thought I read some where that the DVDs with the Rip 60 were much better.

I'm not sure I want another set of straps that won't get much use. I wish there were better DVD workouts. I do a TRX class that I love. I try to do the same exercises at home but it's just not the same.

Do you do your own workouts with the Rip 60 ?
IMHO, there aren't many good "follow along" type workouts for suspension trainers. I like the TRX Force DVD and the GSP workout probably the best. I don't have the Kettlebell type workouts that use the suspension trainer because there's just not enough trainer work in them for the money. When creating my own workouts, I get most of the moves from the Force DVD and the DVD that came with my Jungle Gym (they have an advanced instructional section but it's not follow along). I also get some pretty good ideas from Youtube.

I share your wish for better DVD workouts, though I'm getting used to my own programs (I do like not having to look at the screen).
Old 06-09-12, 11:02 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
My plan is to combine Suspension Trainer exercises with Animal Conditioning Bodyweigh .......
I've been thinking about that combo, too I love the clips from Animal Conditioning but was hoping for another sale first. I think the 2 programs would be such a great match and really give an iron core. I love a strong core!
Old 06-10-12, 08:17 AM  
caligurl

Quote:

I bought it today at Walmart and I want to try a few DVD's before I decide if I'm going to keep it. Which one is the best ? (I've been doing TRX for awhile now, so I'm familiar with the equipment and challenging exercises)

Thanks,

Lauren
i didn't care for the workouts at all.... the first ones were way too easy and i don't even recall if i bothered with the rest of them cuz i didn't like the ones i did try....

i kept the contraption because i do use it with lauren's workout (which is what i really wanted it for!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 11:27 AM  
Getfit

Quote:

Thanks,

Lauren
I only did the first two and I thought they were better than the TRX dvds that I have but then again I am an intermediate exerciser. Since you purchased the Rip 60 from Walmart you can try it for youself. As I said I prefer the Rip 60 straps over the TRX. If you have the TRX anchored just switch them out and if you dont like the system you can always return it to Walmart for a full refund and if you prefer Rip 60 over TRX you can probably sell it foralmost the cost you paid for the Rip 60.
Old 06-10-12, 11:31 AM  
Getfit

Quote:

Thanks,

Lauren
I only did the first two and I thought they were better than the TRX dvds that I have but then again I am an intermediate exerciser. Since you purchased the Rip 60 from Walmart you can try it for youself. As I said I prefer the Rip 60 straps over the TRX. If you have the TRX anchored just switch them out and if you dont like the system you can always return it to Walmart for a full refund and if you prefer Rip 60 over TRX you can probably sell it for almost the cost you paid for the Rip 60.
Old 06-10-12, 11:49 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I was very excited about this set first, but got very bored very soon. After a few tries I sold the set.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rip:60