Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-11, 08:54 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

I was at Canfitpro last year and there were all sorts of circus-themed workouts. There was a step workout that involved a trapeze system of some sort. It does seem like this is a trend they are trying to start.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 01:18 AM  
2ndgen

Looks dangerous.
Old 09-27-11, 01:29 PM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Reviving older Thread

I've taken several Anti-Gravity yoga classes (just across the harbour, yet on my way home from work Eibhinn!), and it's loads of fun. Not dangerous, but you do have to be careful. I'm going again Thursday night. Every class I've taken has left me sore in a different spot. It's fun and challenging, especially when you have a fear of being upside down like me

If you can afford it, it's a LOT of fun. A friend and I are looking at getting hammocks installed at home.

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 02:44 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by boakley View Post
I've taken several Anti-Gravity yoga classes (just across the harbour, yet on my way home from work Eibhinn!), and it's loads of fun. Not dangerous, but you do have to be careful. I'm going again Thursday night. Every class I've taken has left me sore in a different spot. It's fun and challenging, especially when you have a fear of being upside down like me

If you can afford it, it's a LOT of fun. A friend and I are looking at getting hammocks installed at home.

Beth
Jaloux! Glad to hear it was a good experience! I definitely should make a special trip over to try a class or two - even though I am carless and tend to keep to the Penninsula. Before too long they might be convenient for me - we've been thinking of moving over to the land of cheaper rent, fewer students, and the most massive croissants I've ever seen.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 04:32 PM  
mcn333

I took a couple classes in the last two weeks at the Crunch gym near my house - it felt sooooo good! Nothing has made my back feel that good in a long time, and my next run felt great (which, of course, could have been because of many other factors). The instructor did a great job of stretching out the front and back of the body evenly, and although there are some things that are a little scary to do at first, she shows us step-by-step how to do the moves safely. You can do some killer ab work on those hammocks, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I hear ya. Many people with very bad nearsightedness are at risk for that and don't even know it. It's the only thing stopping me from bungee jumping. It also prevents me from buying one of those inversion slings, or whatever they are called, where you hang upside down to decompress the spine.
Can you tell me a little more about this? I am very nearsighted, and toward the end of one of the inversions my eye started to hurt a little, but I figured that was normal, the way some people get lightheaded after being upside down. I'm kind of scared now though
mcn333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aerial yoga, anti-gravity yoga, fitness trends, yoga