Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-11, 03:42 PM  
Kellie

Help My Old Lady Legs!

Hey everyone! I need some suggestions. I work out alot, probably advanced with weights such as Cathe, P90x, Supreme 90, etc... I am a cyclist, do kickboxing and jog. I have wonderful hamstrings, well defined calves and the most shapeless, jello-ish quads imaginable! I don't know what to do about them. My legs look just like my mother's did; strong but shapeless. I have a very lean core and upper body so I don't want to lean out much more so I look emaciated on top. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to be doing different? My next step is to contact a trainer, but I thought I would check here first since this forum is so wise. Thanks in advance for any help! (Please don't suggest Tonique...I never did click with that one!)

Kellie

PS I'm 5'10 and between 135 and 140 so I don't think I need to lose anything.
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 03:51 PM  
hotncmom

How about barre? Physique 57 has a lot of quad work.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 03:57 PM  
scrappindad
VF Supporter

I would also suggest barre.
scrappindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 04:05 PM  
horusosiris

Another suggestion for barre workouts!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 04:29 PM  
fitmommytx

"Old lady legs" - so funny!

I am doing P57with the hope of having quads like a running Athleta model I've seen some improvement so far but I still have work to do...

I am sure any barre with quad work will do though.

"Why are they smiling? This is hard!" - my 6 year old son, doing Jackie Warner's Xtreme Time Saver 30M workout with me (with his cute little 1lb weights!)
"This is not fake sweat - it's all real!" Chalene from CLX
fitmommytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 04:36 PM  
Buffgirl

How about Kettle Bells Butts & Guts! Or just KBs. It will shape your legs like nothing else and faster.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 04:57 PM  
hotncmom

I wanted to add to my prior barre suggestion and suggest Core Fusion Thighs and Glutes or Lean and Toned, because they have 10 minute segments. That way you could just pick a segment as an add-on to your regular workouts (which I'm sure you love) for extra quad work. Thighs and Glutes has the voiceover instruction, I believe, and Lean and Toned is more like a live class. But I think Thighs and Glutes would be the best fit for your needs
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 05:21 PM  
Kellie

Thanks for the suggestions! I do have Physique 57 and Fat Free and one other of Burr What's-Her-Name. I never liked these because they bore me, but, I may try them again with the thought that they just may work. I do have kettlebells and do them on and off. Thanks again for the help!
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 02:07 PM  
beatchica

I am a cyclist as well, so I know what you mean.

You can access free full length legs workouts on Liveexercise.com. Check out the the Toning Show and try out the back and legs workouts by Heather. She hits the legs from every single angle. You can do the workouts with or without the bands.

Liveexercise.com also has pilates workouts which also really hit the legs too. Best part all workouts are free and full length.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 03:36 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! I do have Physique 57 and Fat Free and one other of Burr What's-Her-Name. I never liked these because they bore me, but, I may try them again with the thought that they just may work. I do have kettlebells and do them on and off. Thanks again for the help!
Burr Leonard kind of bores me too (although to be fair, I never gave her workouts a fair try.) I do like Callanetics legwork at the barre from the original Callanetics workout. Might be worth a shot since there are only two exercises and two stretches. I do different stretches than her though...ones that target the quads more directly.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
legs, lower body, quads