Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-14-11, 06:43 PM  
momof10

Dironstarr,

Thank you for your response. I can't do just one type of exercise. I like to cross train. So, I will do the same thing you are, three times a week and see how it goes. I have a light lat injury, so I will be starting next week. I know the suspension training really works the upper body hard. I want this injury to heal before I jump into that. Keep us posted as to your progress and what you think of it.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 07:48 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
CAUTION I emailed Nordictrack, but don't expect to hear from them soon. Their email system also wouldn't let me email customer service since I don't have a serial number, so I had to email sales and pray they pass it on to the right department.
Did you hear back from Nordictrack yet?
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 07:47 AM  
Rhonda

Just wondering if anyone has taken notes on how long the workouts are?

I did Jillians last night and it was harder than it looked. Then again my straps are not high enough, will have to figure something out and I didn't realize when we put them up that my back would be to the TV so I would be able to move further back and do squats. I was being worked but today I don't feel much.

I know I probably should start with the first workout but I didn't want to go an hour which I think most of them are.

Thanks
Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 08:14 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I assume it is impossible to get some DVDs without the entire package, correct?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 08:26 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Probably, but if you use the link in the email that someone provided last week, you can get it for $79. That's not too bad if you really want the dvds.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 08:56 AM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
Did you hear back from Nordictrack yet?
Not yet. I was giving them a few extra days since I emailed sales, I figured, knowing companies & how they function, it would take some time for them to pass it on. BUT, I was thinking about it last night & I have some time today so I will try to call the phone number they have on their site. Kinda disturbing to me that a customer emails them with a potentially dangerous problem, and they seem to be ignoring it. BUT, so far my fix is still working (pulling the button in the other direction to lock it in) so I'm not unable to use the straps, just annoyed at the customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I'm sure later you will be able to on Amazon, yaya's or ebay, but I think so far, no. Gotta get the straps with 'em.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 11:50 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Very interested to see what you hear from them. I don't think I've played around with it enough to really understand the problem nor the solution. I can't really use my indoors, as I mentioned -- there's just not a place in my house with a door that would work, unless I put in one of those hooks. I haven't completely ruled that out, but yesterday I did notice a pretty nice place for an outdoor set up. The nice part is that setting it up would be easy -- we have a tree fort made next to the driveway, so I could climb the tree fort and attach it there, and then workout on the driveway. The only problem is that the driveway is sloped at that point, so I'd have to see how much that would interfere. But, the weather here as turned to winter again, so I'll have to wait a while in any case.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:46 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Not yet. I was giving them a few extra days since I emailed sales, I figured, knowing companies & how they function, it would take some time for them to pass it on. BUT, I was thinking about it last night & I have some time today so I will try to call the phone number they have on their site. Kinda disturbing to me that a customer emails them with a potentially dangerous problem, and they seem to be ignoring it. BUT, so far my fix is still working (pulling the button in the other direction to lock it in) so I'm not unable to use the straps, just annoyed at the customer service.

Good idea about calling them direct. I hope you get an answer. Let us know what they say
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 06:17 PM  
Tait
VF Supporter

I just got mine yesterday and, of course, none of my doors will work (all open in) and I don't want to do the ceiling attachment since I have ceiling fans. I could kick myself for buying this now. I have no desire to use this outdoors either. It looks like fun, but I am going to try to send it back to them if possible.
Old 02-18-11, 12:47 AM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tait View Post
I just got mine yesterday and, of course, none of my doors will work (all open in) and I don't want to do the ceiling attachment since I have ceiling fans. I could kick myself for buying this now. I have no desire to use this outdoors either. It looks like fun, but I am going to try to send it back to them if possible.
Tait.. My doors in my workout space all open out also (well, towards me). I put it close to the hinge side, close the door, then shove a 20#. Weight against the door on the opening side. Keeps the door closed, I'm not just relying on the flimsy latch, and the hinge side is stronger. Try that first!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rip:60