Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-05, 12:38 AM  
jerebo

MPH on Leslie Sansone videos?

Hey all.

I'm interested in Leslie Sansone, but was wondering which of her videos have a pace of 4 mph or better.

TIA

Jen
jerebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 08:02 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

1 mile super challenge (the one that comes with the 3 workout set that include walk and kick) is pretty darn brisk. But short, alas. I just add light handweights to up my heartrate in her other workouts. Works very well!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 08:15 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Okay, math is not my strong suit . . .

Her 4-mile Express Super Challenge, 4-Mile in home walking (with Florine Mark) videos get 4 miles in in an hour or less.

Her 4 mile fat burner gets them in in 45 minutes.

So if you do four miles in an hour are you going 4 mph?
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 09:28 AM  
doskymom

I think most of her workouts are supposed to have a pace of about 4 mph (none that I know of are faster than that, though, with the exception of the Super Challenge that Peggy mentioned, which is just slightly faster, but also only a 1 mile workout). If you're asking because you are looking for her most intense workouts, it's my opinion that her workout pace is still not as intense as doing the same distance walk outside. I find doing knee lifts, side steps and marching in my living room much easier than walking outside on uneven terrain, etc. Like Peggy, though, I also up the intensity of Leslie's workouts by using light weights, weighted balls, stretchy bands, etc. I'm recovering from a broken leg and have been doing Leslie's workouts a lot lately. I wouldn't be able to do my usual route outside at this point, but I have no trouble doing Leslie's workouts right now.

P. S. I don't have the 4-Mile Fat Burner that Suzette mentioned, but I guess it contains some jogging, so I guess that's how it gets the 4 miles done in less than an hour. Most of the reviews I read on this one were negative and I was put off by the description of stopping between segments.
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 09:48 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doskymom

P. S. I don't have the 4-Mile Fat Burner that Suzette mentioned, but I guess it contains some jogging, so I guess that's how it gets the 4 miles done in less than an hour. Most of the reviews I read on this one were negative and I was put off by the description of stopping between segments.
This is one of my faves. I honestly don't remember any stopping. . . the clothes are very neon-ish though.

It's 4 miles in 45 minutes - walking/jogging. It also has 15 minutes of lower body toning at the end but I skip it.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 12:19 PM  
Barb L
VF Supporter

Yes, Suzette. If you walk four miles in one hour, you are traveling at four miles per hour.

I actually don't pay much attention to mileage when I do my Leslie workouts. I'm SURE I don't get the same intensity marching in place that I get walking or jogging over terrain. But you can intensify the workout by using handweights, and of course, increasing the duration.

I really appreciate the gentleness of these workouts, including Walk & Jog. On a day when I don't "feel like" working out, she gets me going.

Tags
leslie miles