Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-15, 11:28 PM  
videofit

Which Jane Fonda workout is Portia doing?

Ellen de Generes' wife, Portia di Rossi, was secretly filmed doing a Jane Fonda tape or DVD. Anyone know which one?
Old 01-05-15, 12:13 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Well, the blue sequined leotard and part about "hawaiian arms" sounded very familiar to me. And I only ever did two Jane Fonda videos. One was The Complete Workout and the other was Favorite Fat Burners which was a sort of compilation tape. My best guess is it was a segment included on Favorite Fat Burners.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 01:03 AM  
videofit

It was funny to hear Portia say it was hard -- not sure if she meant the choreography or the workout. That few seconds looked more like a warmup to me.
Old 01-05-15, 01:11 AM  
aspidistra

It happens to be the only Jane Fonda workout I have - called "Jane Fonda's Workout Low Impact Aerobic". 1986 Karl-Lorimar Home Video, Inc. Running Time: 51 minutes.

I confirmed it by watching Ellen's clip over and over until I could hear what Jane was saying (it's only 22 seconds) and finding the same exact words, music and visuals on my tape.
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 03:20 AM  
mariel

Blue sequined leotard and Hawaiian Arms? I've done that workout enough to confirm: Jane Fonda's Low Impact Aerobics. An oldie but goodie!!
Is that out on DVD??!?
mariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 03:59 AM  
Ilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspidistra View Post
"Jane Fonda's Workout Low Impact Aerobic". 1986 Karl-Lorimar Home Video, Inc. Running Time: 51 minutes.
That's definitely the one! This was my first video ever and it was a favorite for years. Recently I pulled it out again and I love it. For me this workout stands the test of time.

With 2 lbs. on each wrist it's a wonderful and effective upper body workout.
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 12:46 PM  
Hej

Goodness! My mom asked for that one one Christmas and we used to do it together! It was the very first workout video we ever had in the house. Wow, that takes me back.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 01:00 PM  
videofit

I think I want this one and I thought I was done with new workouts. I wonder if Jane will release it on DVD now that it's been featured on Ellen. If Portia uses it to stay so slim, I bet there will be a demand.

Hey is this it on youtube?
Old 01-05-15, 06:46 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I saw a clip just a bit ago, Ellen had Jane on her show and she showed the video she shot of Portia doing the video. It looked like she was doing Jane's Original Workout. Ellen also had a DVD case in her case, so that would make sense being that one just was released onto DVD. Here is a link, hope it's okay to post.

http://www.etonline.com/news/155805_...fonda_workout/
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 08:30 PM  
videofit

So what is the official title of the DVD?

Tags
home exercisers in tv