Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-12, 02:01 PM  
mtngoat

Q about Yoga Jellies substitute

I have been doing Ultimate Yogi for a few weeks now. While I love (love love) it, my wrists do not. I have had carpal tunnel surgery in the past, and don't want to go down that road again.

For those of you who have tried yoga jellies - can you think of a less expensive substitute? I was wondering about those gel wrist rests that are intended for computer users - do you think those could substitute?

I have tried my push-up bars but they hurt my arthritic thumb base (I know I sound like the princess and the pea ).

Thanks!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 05:05 PM  
Stephanie_B

I read using those silicone butt pads work. I have yoga jellies and out of all substitutes people have recommended, those felt the most similar in consistency to me.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 12:48 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
I read using those silicone butt pads work. I have yoga jellies and out of all substitutes people have recommended, those felt the most similar in consistency to me.
Thanks Stephanie. I ended up buying Stick-e knee and wrist savers. They help quite a bit but are a little big for my hands. I am trying to figure out the best position to use them. I like that they strap on to the hand.

I may eventually get the Yoga Jellies. In addition to Yoga, I have added Horizontal Conditioning to my routine - that really puts stress on the wrists!

Thanks for your response.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 09:51 AM  
Stephanie_B

You're welcome! I love being able to do longer workouts because of the strain taken off the wrists

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yoga jellies