Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-12, 04:25 PM  
Stephanie_B

Yep $7.95. Great idea for Tracy's workouts too!

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 04:33 PM  
rosepetals

I also tried them doing P-57 30 min. total workout. My issue with the workouts is when I go up on my toes, the balls of my feet hurt. They got so sore it hurt to go for walks. I would hobble around all day. It took forever to heal up. Before this I tried doing barre on my manduka pro to help with the pain over carpeted floor. It felt ok for a bit, but not long enough to help my feet. Then I ordered the Bar Method grey pad that they use under the feet. It is just a regular foam pad inside a grey protective cover. It didn't help even with me doing it on the yoga mat which was over the carpet.

Now these are 5 ish inches around, so my whole foot does not fit, but they work perfectly under the ball of my foot. It is spongy or soft enough, yet firm enough to give just the right protection. I have been able to do barre with these. It was a bit of a pain to get them in the right place under the foot initially, but once I figured it out I was very pleased. I found if I turned them upside down It gave my feet more flat area vs. the cupped side. I was pleased.

The other day I did Travis E. Yin yoga. I can't fold over as much as everyone else does. Holding the poses hurts my neck over time. I modify as much as I can with props. I ended up using my yoga block and placing the jellie on top to support my neck. It was perfect in the forward fold and other folded position. I used one under my butt to help elevate it a bit to aid in the forward fold also. It was the right height for me to help me get a better stretch. Most pillows, props are too high. They just don't fit right. Using the jellies allowed me to get more comfortable holding the long holds. Especially the last 7.5 min. forward fold.

When I do his regular yoga workouts, I do tend to keep them at the top of the mat for the planks and chaturangas. But the last time I tried them doing triceps dips. It was much more comfortable. My grip felt better, I was able to do the dips with better form. I can't say enough good things about them. I did order a second set.

If you wait, open sky has sales off and on. They send out coupons for different amounts. Hopefully there will be one that helps everyone out.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 04:45 PM  
Stephanie_B

Ok I thought I was imagining but I also felt much more triceps work when using them.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 04:59 PM  
rosepetals

It feels like I can get deeper into the down dog, hold planks longer probably due to being comfortable. It makes such a big difference.
Old 05-22-12, 02:14 PM  
hotncmom

Wow, I just picked up these Yoga Jellies from OpenSky for $40 (plus tax)!!!

When I signed up I got a $10 credit, then today I got an email for free shipping plus another $10 credit! I'm really excited.

How long does it take to get these in the mail when you order from OpenSky?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 02:23 PM  
Fidget Queen

I didn't get anything from OpenSky. I signed up a few days ago. Do they email you the information??
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 02:44 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
I didn't get anything from OpenSky. I signed up a few days ago. Do they email you the information??
Me neither. I want to pick up a pair and for $40, I'd might. But I didn't get any special offer.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 02:50 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Wow, I just picked up these Yoga Jellies from OpenSky for $40 (plus tax)!!!

When I signed up I got a $10 credit, then today I got an email for free shipping plus another $10 credit! I'm really excited.

How long does it take to get these in the mail when you order from OpenSky?
Lucky you! Too bad they don't treat everyone the same. I signed up with Open Sky on May 13, but haven't gotten one single solitary coupon or discount offer. Just junk mail from them every day. What a waste of time. I am getting the yogajellies - but I'm ordering them right from the yogajellies site. As far as I'm concerned, Open Sky can taking a flying leap into the wild blue yonder.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 03:30 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Lucky you! Too bad they don't treat everyone the same. I signed up with Open Sky on May 13, but haven't gotten one single solitary coupon or discount offer. Just junk mail from them every day. What a waste of time. I am getting the yogajellies - but I'm ordering them right from the yogajellies site. As far as I'm concerned, Open Sky can taking a flying leap into the wild blue yonder.
Gosh, I don't know why it's so different for everyone. I've been getting daily emails too, but I will stop them now I think...everything on the site is luxury items and I don't need daily shopping temptations.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 03:32 PM  
rosepetals

I got a ten off coupon today too and free shipping. Call them and ask why no coupons.

Tags
tracy anderson, travis, wrist issues, yoga, yoga jellies