Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-12, 08:14 AM  
Ann1964

Oh my gosh I need these. I love yoga, but wrist pain keeps me from doing some of the moves. Thanks
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:16 AM  
hotncmom

These look great, but they're going to have to go on a wish list...so expensive! At least there's free shipping.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:26 AM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Pricey but I am very intrigued. Thank you for posting about these. One of these under the tailbone could be a lifesaver for some of the Pilates poses, too.
I hadn't even thought of that! I always have tailbone issues.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:51 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting...they look great but so expensive! Seems like too much...the materials aren't costly. I don't need them but they would be nice to try & I would buy a pair in a heartbeat if the price were lower (a lot lower).

Slight hi-jack...what "standard mat cleaner" did you use, rosepetals?
Old 05-09-12, 09:24 AM  
Aunt Famous

And knees! Don't forget the knees!
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 09:30 AM  
Castella

Wow, thanks for all the detailed information!

(I also will need specifics on this mat cleaner. I tried one that had essential oils but it didn't work too well.)

I think you hit the nail right on the head. We need gel yoga mats. Since they make them for the kitchen, it wouldn't be such a reach to extend the market and manufacture a different size.

Maybe I will be innovative and make my own jellies. I hear these stories about people who inject silicone caulk (Home Depot type stuff) into their body. Maybe I can do that with a deflated ball! Somehow I think it would harden and be lumpy though.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 09:44 AM  
mle777

I might have to look into these. My problem isn't my wrist, it's my hand. I have very little padding in my hands, so when I have to balance on them for too long, the bone starts to ache horribly. I love the results that side planks give, but the pain gets so bad in the palm of my hand that I end up having to drop out of it sooner then I'd like. Thanks for starting this thread

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 09:44 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castella View Post
hear these stories about people who inject silicone caulk (Home Depot type stuff) into their body.
The mind reels
Old 05-09-12, 09:45 AM  
rosepetals

The gel yoga mats would be wonderful. Bed Bath and Beyond has longer gel mats, but I haven't ever tried doing yoga on them.

The thing that makes these work is the shape, how it holds your hands. I did try it along my spine, my backside, knees also. No matter where I placed it the effect was positive.

The mat cleaner I use is one by Manduka. I would have to see which one. They sell two types and only one will work for the pro. The other one works for one of there other mats.

Again, I saved money by getting it on open sky. If you want an invite let me know. They offer discounts frequently for various amounts.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 09:46 AM  
rosepetals

It felt nice placed under my glutes when trying to increase the forward fold from the hips also.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson, travis, wrist issues, yoga, yoga jellies