Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-20, 06:09 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I was hoping that if I cut the tags of the coat it would warm up again but it doesn't look like it :{

Today was barre and dance cardio so I Gymra's 30m Full Body Barre with weights, I didn't use weights. I saw this on IG recently and was excited to try it. The outdoor garden set was beautiful!

Followed by AfriFitness' Fat Burning cardio dance.

Hubby is at work today, but I did get a crochet hook set, including two pattern magazines and other goodies in the mail today, so that's kept me busy.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 09:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

40 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

I didn't think I would get to workout yesterday but it was just such a mild day I couldn't resist. I walked with my kids after appetizers while the turkey breast was roasting. I am planning a walk today and possibly more. I was so stuffed last night but it was a lovely day and we had a great time!

PENGUIN, ah sorry the tag trick didn't seem to work this time. Looks like nice workouts for you yesterday. Good to see you had some goodies to keep you busy.

Waves to all. Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 06:20 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today was walking day. I did a WAH with Camille called Fast Round with Sweaty Savoy. I can only assume this is a workout series of hers, but filmed in the WAH studio.

Next was Jessica Smith's Walk and Talk: Gratitude and Goals. I thought this would be a good one for after Tday. Slow paced but Peanut kept us entertained.

Last I did Fabulous50s 30m Get Fit Fast. She did her usual 30sec walking followed by 30sec something else but in the first 10m of this workout the 'something else' was either walking with different arms or standing still with arms. Rather boring.

SB, Sadly the tag didn't work. next week Tuesday is going to be the coldest days with Highs in the 30's and lows in the 20's and that's the day I have to leave early, yuck. At least they cancelled the snow! Glad you had a nice day for a walk with the kids.

Old 11-28-20, 11:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #1011
100 kettlebell swings
53 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk today and hopefully more. I'm slacking on the pilates lately in favor of weight work. I'll see how it goes today.

PENGUIN, looks like some nice walks for the most part. You said you had to leave early on Tuesday. Did I miss something? Are you going somewhere? Hope the shoulder is doing better.

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 11-28-20, 06:19 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I can't believe its almost the end of November. In some ways this year seems like its dragged on and in other ways it seems like its flown by.

SB, my shoulder is better but I'm still trying to baby it. Tuesday is last Bible study for this year, its the day of the week that I have to get up the earliest! not my favorite thing, especially if its cold! You've been very consistent with your walks and MR.

Today was barre and dance cardio. I started with BodyBarre's Cardio Barre Burn with Paige. Then moved on to Fitness with Cindy's LB workout for Seniors and ended with a fun 30m Zumba.

I still have to finish vacuuming the rest of the house. sigh. but I think I'll sit down for a while before tackling that.

Old 11-29-20, 10:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

I had planned on doing kettlebell swings after dinner but I forgot all about it.
I wanted to finish a book I had been reading. I am planning a walk today and hopefully more MR. I have a week left on my free trial.

PENGUIN, nice workout day! Oh yeah I don't like going out early in the cold either.
That's why I do my walks in the afternoon in the winter and in the morning in the summer.

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 11-30-20, 09:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

Today is supposed to rain all day so hopefully I'll get some MR work in.

TERRI & NORA, come on back!!

Waves to PENGUIN.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-30-20, 06:53 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Okay, Okay! I'm back. But as usual, I have only walks to report. Today, I did double walkies. One in the morning and another in the afternoon.

My news: My daughter came back to Canada yesterday, but was told at the border that she couldn't quarantine as planned with us. They threatened fines and yada yada. Long story short, she is quarantining in Montreal.

So sick of this virus!

SB - I'm glad to see that you're still getting your walks done too. Plus Kettlebells and MR. Impressive!

PP- I agree that sometimes things seem to go quickly and other times they don't. I feel like I'm in for a long winter
Old 12-01-20, 09:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

It rained most of the day yesterday and I couldn't motivate myself to do a dvd. My friend from NY state was in town yesterday and asked me if I wanted to walk with her.
I felt bad because I don't see her often but I don't walk in the rain I am planning a walk today and hopefully some MR before my month is up.

NORA, thanks for coming back . Walks are always good, especially double walks.
Wow they're really strict up there with the quarantining. How long is your DD planning on staying in Canada this time?

I'm going to start the new thread for December !!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-02-20, 11:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Well once again I have skipped a Wednesday workout in favor of a nap, this is becoming a bad habit.

i got to wear my winter coat, which is a pretty warm, cloth camel color coat from Walmart {I'm allergic to wool}. Its supposed to rain from 11pm tonight to at least 7pm tomorrow. Since I don't get to go anywhere until maybe Sunday, this isn't that big of a deal, but no one wants a wet dog.

SB, you seem to have been getting your money's worth on that MR trial.

Nora, I'm so sorry to hear that your DD isn't with you but at least she's getting closer! One of hubby's coworker got injured and had to take a Covid test. if Hubby has to quarantine at home for two weeks there goes all our vacation and sick time for the next year! Someone told me that the 'nose test' only says if you have any virus, not covid specific. The more I hear about this virus the madder I get.

Hubby's friend was working on his car {alone, even though Hubby had offered 4 times to help him} and a transmission fell on his hand, which shattered one of the bones in his finger. he's having surgery tomorrow in hopes that they can save the finger.