Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-25-20, 08:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was one of my favorites:

Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion

I added on:

Jessica Valent - 10 Day Pilates Challenge - Upper Back Pilates - I can't remember what "day" it is on the challenge, but this one is a good one for those of us who sit at a desk all day. I like the way Jessica fuses Pilates and PT.

So....I'm tempted by the Barre 3 deal - but I'm trying to talk sense into myself, LOL. I have to really consider how much I would use it. Right now I'm pretty content w/ Pahla B., Jessica V. and Ellen. I'm not sure how I would fit in B3.

Although it is such a good deal.....I think it is FOMO more than anything else.

I'm still on the fence about renewing Trifecta Pilates - I got a discounted price last year that carries into renewals, but that is one I like but don't reach for that often.

Anyway - first world problems!

I will likely get Jessica Smith's newest DVDs as well as anything else she puts out.

My foot is feeling better, I have purposefully been trying to avoid stressing it out, so I have curtailed my outdoor walks, which isn't great, but hopefully will be just temporary.

Gypsy Rose - thanks for sharing that - coincidentally, I receive an e-mail from Schellea last night! She has some nice looking challenges on her site. There is a 14 day challenge w/ walking and toning for November. It looks like a nice balance/mix.

Waves, Summer Breeze and Pat.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 09:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone!

Let's see, Monday I needed something short and soul soothing so I did a matrix of gentler stuff from Shiva Rea's Fluid Power.

Last night I finished Sculpture lower body with glutes, glutes, hamstrings and abs. I didn't like it at all. Glutes 2 and abs incorporate the feet on a chair, which I subbed out with my stability ball. It was so cumbersome and felt "off" - the glutes with the chair overworked my hamstrings, and the abs felt ineffective. If I go through the full lower body on this workout again I'll modify it a lot. After the ball work, the usual hamstrings were sheer torture! Who knows, maybe it's the moon and stars.

Here's my blog post on coping with the COVID-days. Warning, it has a little family bathroom humor reference.

Donna - I like Natalie from Ellen's Studio workouts. Kassandra has a nice way with yin.

Summer Breeze, I'm so happy you got to enjoy time with friends before all have to tighten our social belts again. I think things will spike with the Thanksgiving travels, etc.

Rose - I LOVE the Petrone Miracle Balls! I just lay down with one or two under my hips or low back or neck or ... where ever, and it feels mildly uncomfortable, but somehow they cause all the muscles to just melt. Thank you so much for that Fabulous50s post.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Steady State Cardio - Running Meditation - Gratitude - I did this one on the bike rather than walking/running in place or using the treadmill. I find I enjoy doing her running workouts on the bike. In this one she talked about gratitude and did a meditation where you thought about a part of your body and why you were grateful for it. It went like this Even though my X is Y, I'm grateful for it because of Z. I also heard the longest periods of silence ever on a Pahla B video in this one - as she would make the statement and then she was quiet while we thought about it. I don't mind Pahla's chattiness, obviously, since I do her workouts pretty regularly, but it was interesting hearing the silence! LOL!

Jessica Valent - Pilates Tabata - this was a Pilates routine done in a Tabata format 20 seconds on/10 seconds off. She did Planks, Bridge work, abs and lower body using this format.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Chefs - this was a nice short practice. Her digestion practice was up for today but I decided it would be better left for tomorrow. Chef is more appropriate for today, LOL!

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving, however you are celebrating it (or not) this year.

Pat - thank you for sharing your blog post, I really enjoyed reading it. I'm also sorry about your sister and nephew's passing....I think I had already left the yoga check in when that occurred so I am sorry I didn't get to offer my condolences then. This is a tough year, for sure. In some ways 2019 was worse as I was dealing w/ my mom's declining health and my daughter was really worrying me. While I miss my mom, I also have comfort that she is at peace now - and, not to lie, I am also more peaceful b/c I am not worried about her any more. My daughter seems to be doing better, too, although w/ teens you are never quite sure what is brewing, she does seem better overall than she was last year...so while 2020 has had its challenges, it is easier for me personally than 2019...but all that said, a year of smooth sailing would not be unwelcome - maybe 2021 or 2022?? I really enjoyed your blog though!!

waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 11-26-20, 10:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

Not sure if I'll get any workouts done today.
It's raining a little now and I have a lot of cooking to do so maybe I'll just call it a "rest" day.

DONNA, nice job with your workouts. I'm glad your foot is improving!

PAT, thanks so much for sharing your blog post. You're a very talented writer, I enjoyed reading it very much. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Hi ROSE.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 09:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

40 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

After the rain stopped yesterday, it turned into a nice mild day so I couldn't resist fitting in a walk with my kids. We had a lovely day, very enjoyable. I am planning a walk today and possibly more.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-27-20, 09:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Total Body Low Impact Workout - Good for Your Body & Brain - this was a mix of cardio work, body weight strength and balance. It got the job done!

Jessica Valent - Side Lying Series and Booty Burner - combined, this was tough. All floorwork, but cumulatively effective.

I have the day off today, we're going to decorate and just not do much of anything else.

My foot got a tad irritated yesterday - I think the biking did it - too much pressure I guess. My poor doggies match me - my Lab always limps now but my Golden is limping as well. She hurt herself somehow earlier in the week and was looking better yesterday so I made the mistake of throwing the ball for her....and now she is back to limping. I guess none of us are getting any younger.

I haven't been super tempted by any of the Black Friday deals so far. I really am considering cutting back on my subscriptions next year and using my DVDs and You Tube.

I think I will stick with Jessica V - I have a year until July and I'll re-evaluate then, but I'll probably stick w/ her b/c her prices are reasonable and her stuff is easy to fit in w/ whatever else I'm doing. And, of course, Ellen - I managed to do something from her at least once a week.

I think Trifecta will go and FW, too, probably, b/c I have many of her DVDs and also she posts on You Tube.

So, so far, no Black Friday temptations...

Summer Breeze - we had very nice weather here, as well...

Waves, Pat and Gypsy Rose....

Donna
Old 11-27-20, 11:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone!

I don't think I posted about Wednesday, it ended up being a rest day. Yesterday DH and I walked around the neighborhood, about 1.5 miles before dinner and then half mile after. Today DS is visiting and we will walk at the beach. He ended up not coming yesterday because of the heavy rain.

Donna have fun decorating! It's good to see people keeping up the tradition. It's fallen off a lot up here, and I miss all the houses being lit up. Good luck with your foot and with those Black Friday temptations, too.

Summer Breeze your walk with the kids sounds very nice. It did turn out to be damp, but a nice night for walking with the moon out.

I'm working on my December workout goals. It will probably be pretty much the same chart, but I'm pulling out Margaret's body bar workout, I think it's called Raise the Bar. I really, really need to visit my KCM collection, too.

Hello to Rose!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 08:02 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Finally, exercise! A 2 mile walk outside. That's it. I have fallen, rolled, somersaulted, off the exercise train. All my good glute work has returned to mush and jello.

It's good to read of everyone's continued dedication. You inspire me- just not enough to exercise!

Pat- Your blog post brought tears to me eyes. Your writing brought your family alive to your readers. I'm sorry for the loss of your sister and nephew. Your 'keep on keepin' on' spirit shines through. It takes bravery to sit with what is- you are a courageous woman. And you are a consistent exerciser! Glad the balls are working for you. I'll have to dig mine out.

Donna Your work with Ellen seems the most body friendly. And it's good to find Jessica V. Your plan seems a good one. Oh, no, limping doggies! All three of you. Yeah, I agree with you on the Black Friday sales. Nothing I need.

Summer Breeze Walking and kettlebells seem a good combination. I've heard it does wonders for the abs. Do you find that to be true?

Enjoy this weekend.

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 10:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #1011
100 kettlebell swings
53 minute outdoor walk

This MR was another good one. It was triceps unweighted (I used light weights), deltoids unweighted (again light weights), obliques, quadriceps on the floor (I used ankle weights) and glute raises (I used weights on the hips). I am planning a walk today and hopefully more.

DONNA, nice workouts. Sorry the foot continues to bother you. I haven't even looked at any Black Friday sales. Weird for me.

PAT, I'm sure the beach walk was lovely.
I think when my month with MR is done I need to pull out some KCM's too.

ROSE, yay for a walk! I do find kettlebells effective even though I only do swings I don't do full workouts. Sometimes they tweak my back though. I have heard that can happen when the bell you are using is too light so I'm thinking of getting a heavier one.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 11-29-20, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed checking in yesterday, it was:

Ellen - Power 15

Ellen - Quick Fix - this was her new workout for October, it is all floorwork - Pilates/Yoga blend

Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Workout Retreat Day 1 - I got an e-mail from Smriti - offering this free five day challenge and since i haven't done any of her workouts lately I decided to sign up. I enjoyed the workout - it was mainly core as I recall.

Outdoor Walk w/ DD

Today, so far, has been:

Pilates Next - Rise & Shine Workout Retreat Days 2 and 3 - Day 2 was standing and balance and day 3 was stretching.

I plan to walk later today w/ DD.

MY foot is improving, I can tell b/c even if I do something that irritates it, it takes less time to feel better - I just have to be patient I guess. It sort of feels like shin splints across the top of my foot and into the lower part of my ankle. Weird. Especially since I don't recall hurting it - I was blaming it on my tightly laced shoes causing tendonitis - maybe that is what it is, maybe not?

I wonder if Smriti will offer a discount after the challenge? If so, I may sign up for a month...we'll see. I'm late to the party, but I enjoyed her style. And, it doesn't seem like she closes her membership down - it seems it is always open to join - which I really appreciate. I don't like these instructors that only open up membership a few times a year. They claim it is to focus on their members more, but I think it may be an attempt to get us to sign up based on FOMO.

I also got an offer from Blessful Body for $1 for 21 days...and 50% off her courses, but not sure I will bite on anything there. I do like her stuff, but it is a bit on the easier side and then it all starts to feel the same. Still, I may go for $1 for 21 days... LOL!

Summer Breeze - Definitely not tempted w/ Black Friday. I'm working through my skincare collection - I decided the pandemic was a good time to use all the products I purchased and either didn't try yet or didn't finish using. I've made a good dent and am figuring out what is worth re-buying and what is one and done. If I really hate something on my face, I just use it as a body moisturizer to finish it up. And, as for clothing, I don't see myself going back to work until Spring, so I don't need anything in that department. And fitness, I'm pretty happy w/ what I have been doing and plan to use my DVDs and You Tube more this year - maybe subscribe to sites here and there...but no big commitments.

Gypsy Rose - nice job w/ your walk!!

Pat - I hope you enjoyed your walk!

Have a good day, everyone!

Donna

Tags
bobandbrad