Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-20, 04:23 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
So how are people doing with their "COVID hair"? Did you go back to your normal routines when the salons re-opened?
I wear my hair long, but had been meaning to get a trim back in the spring. Put that on hold pretty much indefinitely.

I enjoy the simplicity of my natural color, plus it's a lot cheaper than any of the alternatives.
Old 11-15-20, 04:29 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I think one of the nice silver linings (no pun intended, haha) of the pandemic might be that more woman will feel okay about going silver/gray.

I have been back at the salon I think 3x since June (usually there's no one else there when I'm there, and it's a big place). I've almost never colored my hair in the salon, and I think it's 2 years this month since I colored at home. I think I've gone more gray in the past year, but it's probably still <10% and mostly not noticeable. Still, I applaud everyone going natural!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 05:15 PM  
Carol K

I went back to my every four weeks once the salons opened. My hair is white, not salt-and-pepper, and colored dark brown. Plus I have a short, layered haircut. I looked horrendous after three months. I'm hoping to be able to keep my appointment on Dec. 5. We're under a stay at home advisory for the next 30 days, but salons are open and I don't think mine will close voluntarily. My workout routine is pandemic ready, but not my hair.
Old 11-15-20, 05:56 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, I haven't had my hair colored or cut at a salon since February of this year. I decided to just let the gray grow in. I'm making peace with going gray. So far, I'm OK with it! I did trim my own hair a month or two ago and it came out OK. I'm thinking about not going back to the salon ever again! I've saved a lot of money, that's for sure!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 01:00 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
My workout routine is pandemic ready, but not my hair.
Carol - I love that quote. I definitely have that "coat of many colors" thing going on with my hair these days!

I have an appointment for a cut next week, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks after more of the color is removed.

Since I work from home, I've worn very little make-up since March (and tend to go more on the natural side anyway - tinted moisturizer with a smidge of blush, eye shadow and mascara on my stubby lashes). I have to run by my doctor's office to get some labwork done next week - I hope my mascara hasn't dried up, LOL!!!! I'm truly not sure how long it's been since I wore any.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 01:27 PM  
Carol K

I REALLY miss lipstick. I wear mascara for grocery shopping on the weekend. Illinois is now under tier 3 mitigations for at least the next two weeks, through Dec. 4. That means salons can only open at 25% capacity. I think that means 1.5 clients for my salon. And I have an appointment for Dec. 5. Don't know what's going to happen....
Old 11-21-20, 01:37 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have a plain, chin length bob haircut. My DH has been cutting my hair for years. He's gotten good at it. I do my bangs.

I haven't been to a salon in years! I got sick of mediocre haircuts and poor service. I color my partly gray hair pink myself with color by Overtone. I actually get compliments sometimes!

Carol, I really miss wearing lipstick, too. That is about the only makeup I wear.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 02:35 PM  
cyana

When I was posting earlier I stopped to think how much I miss lip gloss. That's definitely a no go with a mask. Keeping my fingers crossed you make it in for your hair appointment, Carol. It's amazing how much better I feel after a good head-scrubbing and cut - and a good neck rub.

I've been going to the same stylist for years - I met her when she was training to be a hairdresser and she was half the age she is now so that makes me about 100 or thereabouts, I guess.

I could never get DH to cut my hair, so I'm jealous that you have an in-home hairdresser. I always wanted to color my hair a really cool non-traditional color, but worked in a stodgy line of work where that likely wouldn't have been embraced. After a major misadventure with a Clairol hair painting kit many years ago, I've left hair color to the pros. That was a painful experience!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 02:46 PM  
sherry7899

I have long curly hair. I only get it cut about once a year . I am overdue, but I do not feel comfortable going . I get a Deva cut, which takes over an hour. I do not want to be in the salon that long. I wear my hair up most of the time now since I am home so much, so it does not really matter.

I love lip colors and miss wearing lipstick. I do not wear much makeup, but always wore lip color.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 03:27 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I haven't been to a salon in years! I got sick of mediocre haircuts and poor service. I color my partly gray hair pink myself with color by Overtone. I actually get compliments sometimes.
Oh how fun! I've thought about trying blue haircolor on my brown/ a bit of gray hair. How long does the color last since it is just semi-permanent?

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2020, beauty vlogs