Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-12-20, 05:25 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post

I do like Harney and Sons Cinnamon spice green tea.
Rhonda, where do you buy the Harney and Sons Cinnamon spice green tea?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 06:50 PM  
katmom

I drink a lot of black and herbal teas but cannot find a green tea I like. For lack of a better word, most green teas taste too “grassy” to me, but I also realize everyone’s tastes are different.
Old 11-12-20, 07:52 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
I drink a lot of black and herbal teas but cannot find a green tea I like. For lack of a better word, most green teas taste too “grassy” to me, but I also realize everyone’s tastes are different.
YES! That is my issue with it too. But I'm very willing to try Harney and Sons Cinnamon spice green tea, as I love the Cinnamon Spice Tea. May also try the Yogi Tea, just for the convenience. I think I tried the Lipton before, but didn't really care for it. I THINK I've tried the Tazo Zen Green Tea, and it tasted like gum to me, but I'll try again. I've never seen the Choice Organic teas in my grocery stores.

These are all great suggestions. I have my work cut out for me this weekend for tea buying. I prefer loose tea or the tea satchels to tea bags, but I'm willing to try anything good.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 12:15 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Duplicate post
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 12:20 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I drink many kinds of green tea. I used to only be able to drink flavored green tea but I am at the point where I can drink loose plain green teas. I get tea from Upton Tea Imports and like Dragonwell(Lung Ching), Chun Mee Moon Palace and Jasmine green tea among others. These are acquired tastes though. Upton offers inexpensive sample sizes if you are interested in trying fine teas.

Most of the time though I drink flavored green tea in bags. I was going to recommend the Tazo Zen tea but you mentioned you didn't care for it. I go through periods of not liking this but I am enjoying it recently. I most often drink Bigelow Green Lemon tea. I also used to like their green peach tea.
The other thing I do is make ginger green tea. You can get them in bags but I am not crazy about them. I get tea bags with pieces of dried ginger from the Asian Food mart or loose from Upton Tea. I brew it for a bit then throw in a plain green tea bag.
Another interesting tea is Gen-mai Cha. Japanese Sencha tea with toasted rice. It is a different taste if you want something a bit more robust and less grassy. You can get it in tea bags or you can get loose from Upton Tea.

ETA: Bubbles, if you PM me I can send you some samples. I have Tazo Zen if you want to try it again without buying a whole pack as well as the bigelow green lemon and lots of loose tea samples.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 07:26 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Rhonda, where do you buy the Harney and Sons Cinnamon spice green tea?
I was buying from Amazon and now I get it directly from Harney and Sons website. Seems to be a little cheaper, plus they always send a couple samples to try.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 07:04 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post

ETA: Bubbles, if you PM me I can send you some samples. I have Tazo Zen if you want to try it again without buying a whole pack as well as the bigelow green lemon and lots of loose tea samples.
Thank you so much! I will take you up on your offer
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
green tea, tea