Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you more tired lately?
I'm not especially tired lately. 21 16.80%
I'm a bit tired lately. 36 28.80%
I'm very tired lately. 39 31.20%
I'm really, really tired most of the time! 29 23.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-20, 07:05 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
There have been a lot of instances of people attacking (verbally and physically) store employees who try to enforce mask mandates. Short of deploying armed security guards throughout the store, I don't see how stores can enforce it.

I think they are relying on people to use common sense and courtesy and follow the mask requirements. Unfortunately both those things seem to be in short supply these days...
You are right, it is difficult to enforce. My previous rant aside, I don't know how retailers can enforce it short of armed guards.

The world is a very different place than the one I grew up in.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 08:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Working retail is hard enough trying to discourage shoplifting and deal with every day hassles.

They're not paid enough to handle confrontational customers.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 10:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
One, small bright note is that the nightly gunshots and fireworks have slowed down considerably. It helps to not hear explosions all evening and night.
Not quite in my area. Some jackasses are still shooting firecrackers in the park across from me and they've started again tonight at about 8:45. They've been at it since the end of May. Not as often or for as long as couple of weeks ago, but still....The good news is that I've read in my local paper that there have been many complaints and our local police has been cracking down on the offenders and issueing tickets. GOOD! Our city needs the revenue!
Old 09-16-20, 08:26 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Reviving this thread.....

I have felt SO exhausted all this week and have taken 2+ hour naps every day. This really isn't me. I thought once I retired I would have so much more energy and accomplish so many things. Hopefully this passes soon. I don't like it!!!

How's everyone else doing?
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 09:16 PM  
DCW

These last few weeks have been rocky.

I am feeling more tired but for me it's the change of weather and less daylight. Two hours after sundown and I am toast. So September is very different for me than June.

All of the changes in the past six months are taking its toll on everyone. So I concentrate on more self care and being kinder to folks.

I make sure I watch comedies at night so I fall asleep in a pleasant mood.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 04:49 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Reviving this thread.....

I have felt SO exhausted all this week and have taken 2+ hour naps every day. This really isn't me. I thought once I retired I would have so much more energy and accomplish so many things. Hopefully this passes soon. I don't like it!!!

How's everyone else doing?
Terrible. My body doesn't know how to sleep. I fall asleep right away at night, wake up every two hours a few times and then am up for the day super early. I try to nap, but can't. I'm exhausted all the time and make no sense when I try to communicate and make stupid mistakes all day. It's very frustrating.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 07:36 AM  
Daffie

Still tired. Sleep itty bitty better but not what I need. A lot of muscle pain. Wacky thoughts. Was able to get in a few workouts this week after a week of only walking.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 08:27 AM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Terrible. My body doesn't know how to sleep. I fall asleep right away at night, wake up every two hours a few times and then am up for the day super early. I try to nap, but can't. I'm exhausted all the time and make no sense when I try to communicate and make stupid mistakes all day. It's very frustrating.

Erica
Me too. I try to stop being busy an hour before bedtime and read and than do a sleep relaxing meditation. This usually will set me for a restful, restorative sleep. I am going to start doing also a short QiGong sleep practice from Lee Holen. Maybe that will help.
Old 09-17-20, 10:53 AM  
geojill

I am also still tired. Saw the doctor yesterday and had bloodwork done. Most of the results are in, and when all the results are in, my doc will reach out to me.
Old 09-17-20, 11:48 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

Erica
I make stupid mistakes too. It is frustrating, and worrisome sometimes. Fortunately, they are easily corrected.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, fatigue, fireworks, new normal, sleep, stress