Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-20, 12:44 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

DJ, the times I've checked, Leslie's walks are close to 2000 steps for me, but usually not there. I think the Knee lifts, and some of the other things don't register as a step. I know the calorie count is probably also higher than what the fitbit tells me, due to that, and the use of the arms more than a normal walk.

Cher, I need to look for that Leslie, I know I had one that was easier, so you didn't sweat, and it'd be perfect for after dinner. I wish we'd get a nice rain, it's been so dry for over a month.

I swear I posted yesterday, but it's not here, so maybe I dreamed it. I watched parts of the Jane Fonda workout, and goodness did it seem dangerous! Lots of high impact and bouncing stretches in the warm up!
Yesterday I did a Leslie from YT that was made up from a couple of different workouts - one said it was all walkers who had lost over 100 lbs, and then it changed to a cast of mothers. I did some yoga and an upper body weight workout on my own. After dinner, a 12 minute Leslie.

This morning I did 20 minutes, of Gina B - it said it was 10 minute walks, but started with a long warm up walk, then went to a 10 minute Salsa Walk, then there were other walks, but I ended up FF t the end and did the coold down walk and stretch. After breakfast I got on the treadmill for another 20 with a book. I plan lower body weights this afternoon - maybe it'll happen!

I have done 5 days of after dinner YT walks that total 1 hour so far this week! I'm excited, because it's been so easy to get myself to do 10 minutes - which usually ends up being about 12. This would really add a lot of time, and calories burned over a month.

Hi to everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 02:44 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I took yesterday off. My knees were hurting a bit from the 5 miles the day before. Today did Gina B's Total Body Circuit (Lower Body.)

DJ, I count a Leslie walk as 2,000 steps though it is slightly less than that. The side steps and some of the other movements don't always measure every step, but I figure I've put in the distance/time and many of those walks (at a quicker pace) are more than what I'd do on a normal walk around the block.

I'm currently doing a step challenge for the month of Sept, which is why I've been doing so many walks lately.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 03:35 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I did pilates from Alycea Ungaro's book Pilates Body in Motion.

Hi to Everybody.
Old 09-10-20, 04:36 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Thanks for the information, Pam.

I did my PT this morning. That might be all unless DH and I go for a walk later. That might be unlikely, as we would usually go after dinner, and I think some friends are going to have us over for a dessert.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 06:18 PM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Interval Walk from Jessica Smith’s 6 Week Transformation and her Bonus Chair Stretch from her Walk the Weight Off set. Today I Went for about a 20 minute walk. It started raining so I had to turn around and cut it short.

My birthday is today so DH took me out to lunch to my favorite Mexican Restaurant and DS got me a birthday cake! I ate so much, I’m stuffed!

We’re going back up to the cabin again tomorrow morning so I’ll be missing around here for a few days again. Making a stop in Frankenmuth, MI on the way up to get my free birthday dinner there. . (Can you tell I like to eat out )

Terri - That is mainly how I use Leslie’s 10 minute walks, just to get in a quick walk when I can’t go outside. Great job on 5 days of after dinner walks!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 06:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday, Cher!

Mexican Food sounds good to me! And, birthday cake! YUM!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 08:30 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday, Cher!! Best Wishes for Many More to Come!
Old 09-11-20, 11:03 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Happy day after your Birthday Cher!!!

I did do a lower body weight workout yesterday, and 10 minutes with a Leslie on YT after dinner.

I woke up way too early today, so drank my coffee, read the paper online, & did a 10 minute YT walk. Then, after it got light outside, I mowed the back yard. Since I was all sweaty from that, I did 35 minutes on the treadmill, and some yoga. After I showered I ate breakfast, and did a 10 minute, no sweat walk on the treadmill. I think I'm going to do something more later, since it's still before noon, but it's gonna all have to be easy.

Hi to everyone

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 01:42 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Cher ~ Hope you had a fantastic birthday!

I got my Tom Holland Total Body Workout done this morning. I sure didn't feel like doing it when I woke up; and I procrastinated by spending quite a bit of time re-working my weight loss record into an Excel chart. That made my exercise a little later, but I couldn't put it off. I find if I don't do it in the morning, it doesn't get done.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 07:55 PM  
LAC

Hope you enjoyed your birthday Cher!

I've been AWOL from exercise for most of the week. Work is just crazy and I am exhausted. I did get on my elliptical this morning for the first time since Monday. Hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile