Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-20, 02:25 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

DJ, I don't even want to plan on 45 minutes in a row any more!

I did find a short weight workout on YT yesterday, HAS Fit -- I think it was called beginners workout - only 19 minutes, but no warm up or stretches at the end, and only 2 sets of everything. But, I have mild DOMS in my glutes, hamstrings, pecs, bi's, tri's, and delts! I used 8lb dumbells for all but the triceps, 5's for them. It listed it as 17 minutes I think, which is why I picked it. I also did 12 minutes of Leslie's Heart Healthy walk after dinner last night.

I looked for that same Leslie to do this morning, but ended up with 1 Mega Mile, it had a bigger variety of moves than her usual, and was fun. Treadmill reading a few times today too.

Happy weekend to everybody!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 08:50 PM  
LAC

Yesterday I played golf with hubby, walking the course and carrying my clubs.

Nothing today. I did a lot of cooking this morning prepping to go spend the afternoon visiting my sister and her husband at their new camp. It was cool and breezy and then it rained, so unfortunately it wasn't swimming weather or hiking weather.

Tomorrow I am starting day 1 of Denise Austin's free 4-week walking challenge. She is offering it for people to prep for an Oct. 3 Virtual Walk hosted by Prevention. I have not signed up for the Prevention walk. Denise only needed my email address; Prevention wants things like my full name and birth date. I think I'm going to pass on that.

DJ-H, for an hour long cardio and total body workout, the first thing that popped into my mind was Kathy Smith's Project You Full Body Circuit.

Glavtx I'm with you on not wanting to plan for 45 minutes in a row anymore! I will do 45 minutes on the elliptical, but for anything else, if it is more than 30 minutes, it's not happening.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 09:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did three miles today with Leslie's 5 Mega Miles workout, which had two miles using the stretch band! I'm enjoying that for the variety. Leslie is sure chatty in that first mile, though. ;-)

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 04:43 AM  
dlb

Good morning,
Yesterday was CS #802 & TL Signature #1. Signature #1 was a virgin for me & I wanted to give it a try to see if I should order #2 during her sale. I'm sore today. Plus I weeded & trimmed for over 2 hours. So I'm not sure who to blame.

It is suppose to rain today which means weeding is out - kind of happy & sad about it as I still have much to complete.

Enjoy the day!

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 08:39 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I did Petra Kolber's Cardio for Beginners.

Take care, Everyone.
Old 09-06-20, 01:43 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Early today I did 2 miles of Leslie's 4 Mile Power walk, & some stretches I found on YT.
After breakfast some treadmill reading.
This afternoon I did an oldie -- :08 Minute Buns & :08 Minute Legs, and the stretch. I wish now I'd done the arms and abs, but wanted to do the shortest thing I could find. It wasn't a bad workout, really, no weights, but since I haven't been doing much strength, some of it was challenging for me.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 04:49 PM  
LAC

Today was day 1 of Denise Austin's four week walk challenge. She provided a short warm-up stretch video with a recommendation to go for a basic 30 minute walk. I used my elliptical for 45 minutes, but I followed the warm-up, walk, and cool down speeds from her recommendation instead of doing my usual intervals.
Old 09-06-20, 08:33 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I got a late start today but did Leslie's Belly Blasting Walk (2 miles.) Pace is pretty quick and she's got all kinds of "boosting" moves to get the HR up, and some higher impact exercises in parts. Since core is the focus there is also lot's of twisting, which I'm sure to have some soreness in my back tomorrow. ;-) I did like the additional squat exercises (which were a plus) but this is not my favorite Leslie DVD. She also has two toning segments for abs, which I didn't do today. Too tired.

April Focus:
Old 09-07-20, 10:14 AM  
LAC

Denise's walk recommendation for day 2 is the same as day 1, so I did 45 minutes on the elliptical again. I did a short band workout and a few stretches from an osteoporosis workout book after that. Hubby and I are heading out shortly to play a round of golf this afternoon.

I'm thinking of bringing my stability ball and a couple of bands into the living room and starting to doing some mini-workouts while we watch tv at night. Things like wall squats and bicep curls during commercials.
Old 09-07-20, 03:07 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Leslie's Jenny Craig Brisk Walk (two miles.) It was okay, but an oldie with different folks. I also added Paul Katami's ASAP Sculpt in 15 (Legs and Booty) floorwork. Nice and short add-on.

Enjoy the day!

April Focus:

Tags
miracle mile