Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-20, 02:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Jessica's 10 Minute Quick Walk Mix (Buns and Thighs plus Bonus Chair Stretch.)

Also did The Firm Fat Burning Cardio Toning workout with Tina Smalley. Was easy to follow along, not too many reps and sort of a fun way to work with the tubing.

Kept it on the gentle side. Up too early today and have been a zombie. ;-)

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 03:37 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I started today with my regular treadmill walking, total of 48 minutes. This afternoon I thought I'd do a Leslie from YouTube, and started with 1 Mile for Beginners, then went ahead and did her Happy Walk 1 Mile, and did some yoga and CS to stretch on my own.

Hi to everybody!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-20, 04:50 AM  
dlb

Hi everyone
Checking in with weeding (what else).
I'm happy it is the weekend, hoping to declutter junk (sons) from the garage. Doing that will allow DH to organize his "stuff".
Did some shopping at Mary's place (TF) this morning - bought a couple Toniques that I will have to modify.

Enjoy the weekend

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-20, 06:47 AM  
Cher

Workout Thursday was Gina B’s Disco Dance Walk from Amazon Prime. Yesterday’s workout was KCM Pump workout from Box Fit again.

Yesterday my SIL had something she had to do for the day so I got to puppy sit for the day. (She had her regular sitter for my MIL). We just have so much fun with the puppy.

Glavtx - That Motown Gina B sounds fun. I will have to look for that one.

DJ - I remember having to do PT exercises for my hip and they always took a lot longer than I thought they would.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-20, 03:04 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I tried one of Gina Buber's workouts for the first time today! It was Dance that Walk Total Body Circuit Cardio and Toning. It has the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" song and something else familiar that I'm now forgetting. She's a lot of fun and I think I will enjoy her new set. I'm glad I tried this circuit workout on YouTube!

I also added Keli Roberts Pumping Rubber Spri workout that uses tubing. Very good, as well!

Have a good weekend!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-20, 09:35 PM  
LAC

Waving hello to everyone

This morning I did the first walk from Jessica Smith's Walk On 15 Minute Fast Fat Burning DVD.

This afternoon hubby and I went to the golf course to play 9 holes, walking instead of riding in a cart. We got caught in a pop-up thunderstorm as we were teeing off on the third hole, ending our fun and sending us home sopping wet.

Tonight I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, then I did another 30 minutes just because.

To finish off the evening, I did Gin Miller's Elevated Yoga on Amazon Prime. This looks like it might have been filmed fairly recently. There were no floor poses, it was done all standing using two folding chairs. I don't know that it would appeal to yoga purists, but I enjoyed it and can see myself revisiting it again soon.

That's a pretty full day of exercise for me! If only every day was Saturday or Sunday, I could get so much more accomplished with my workouts, lol!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 04:12 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I have been doing my pilates from paper. It feels comfortable and so much is going on. They said in the next 24 to 48 hours we will have more storms that may cause fires. I pray for rain or fog. The places where we love to hike and camp, will they still be there? Ashes in piles around my home.
Old 08-23-20, 09:28 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Mary ~ Stay safe!

It was hard yesterday morning getting myself to take that first step, but once I started with Kari Anderson's Body Tech, I had a lot of fun with it. It's one that I really like but haven't done for quite a while. It involves upper body strength work with weights, and I did them all with no stress or pain in my recovering arm (lighter weights, of course), so I was quite pleased with myself!

This week (Monday to Monday), we will be visiting with family, and I'm not at all sure what exercising I will get in; pobably no video exercising, maybe some walking, and I'll do my best to do some of the PT. I did tell my physical therapist that I wouldn't be doing all the PT this week, but should be able to do the ones with free weights or anything other than the tubes that need to be attached to a doorway. We will be in a travel trailer.

Also, we probably won't have much internet access, so don't think I've totally disappeared. I plan to be back.

I enjoy seeing what videos others are using, as I probably should update my library.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 10:22 AM  
LAC

I am guessing you are on the West Coast Mary? I can't even begin to imagine how scary and devastating the fires are. Stay safe.

DJ-H, enjoy your visit with family. I was going to say that I bet there are all kinds of videos on Youtube showing exercises in travel trailers, but that won't work if you don't have internet access.

This morning I did Gin Miller's Quick Butt, Hips & Thighs on Amazon Prime. I had mixed feelings about it. My low back is bothering me a little bit right now and I'm thinking my form wasn't good on the hip hinges. I don't know why I struggle with those.

After Gin's workout I did 30 minutes on the elliptical while I previewed two new to me workouts. One of them was Margaret Martin's Yin Yoga for Osteoporosis, which I may do a little of later.

Have a great day everybody!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 01:59 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I live in Santa Cruz, California and the CZU Lightening Complex Fire is the scariest fire ever.

Tags
miracle mile