Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-20, 12:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did the Stride and Strength Walk from Jessica's Strength and Balance DVD (Walk On 3 DVD set.) Quick paced walk with compound strength moves! Good stuff. Followed up with Kimberly Spreen's 10 Minute Solution Fitness Ball (Butt and Thigh Tone up and Ultra Stretch segments.) That stretch was bliss and felt so good!

Welcome DJ-H! Even with PT sometimes things take a long time to heal and you're smart about what you can and can't do! Love Kathy Smith's Great Buns and Thighs, though don't do much stepping anymore.
I'm now retired so I have a bit more time to exercise, though don't like to spend more than an hour. I might split things up morning/evening but some days it's only thirty minutes.

Have a good day!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 02:22 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Hi DJ! I'm retired, so have time to spare, and most of what I do isn't heart pumping cardio, just walking on the treadmill. I've recently starting adding back in actual workouts, with weights, Classical Stretch, and different stuff from YouTube or things people have mentioned. The Classical Stretch things I've been doing are short - 4 minutes for the waist one, maybe 10 or 15 some of the others so I might list a lot of things, but they don't take long, and I split up my exercise through out the day.

Yesterday I ended up with 1:40 on the treadmill, with stretches and the CS waist after each walk.

Today I got out and mowed the yard, then used the weed eater. I came in a huge sweaty mess, so got on the treadmill to get that done and shower, even though I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. Stretches, too. Maybe something later, but I'm still a bit sore from the barre and weights on Monday!

Hi to everyone

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 07:53 PM  
LAC

So last night, after an entire week, we finally had a cricket free night, yay! According to my Fitbit, it is the best night's sleep I've had in days and I totally agree!

Tonight I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and then I did another 30 because I was binge watching old episodes of Army Wives and I didn't want to turn off the tv. At the end of the first 45 minutes the FitBit congratulated me on meeting my step goal for the day. At the end of the 30 minute session, it congratulated me on taking a swim. What?! At least it gave me credit for moving.

Pam, I used to have that Tanja Djelevic resistance cord workout, that is a good one! I think I loaned it to my sister and it never came back to me. I might need to see if I can get another copy. I prefer tubing and band workouts to weights.

Debbie, I hope your kitty is recovering well from the anesthesia and dental cleaning. Our cat had to have a tooth pulled earlier this year - he broke it somehow and it couldn't be fixed. I felt terrible about it, but he's recovered nicely.

Waving hello to everyone else. I am impressed with the amount of exercise you all are doing. I'm struggling with being consistent, but this check-in is a good motivator. I need to follow Glavtx's lead and start adding some other short stuff in after I use the elliptical!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 03:17 AM  
dlb

Good morning everyone,
Yesterday planted 2 bushes which didn't take long as they are small & it was in my weeded area. Not much after that.

I took a 1/2 day off work & met some work friends for a outdoor lunch. Ran some stuff to Goodwill - they were busy with others dropping off stuff.

DJ - we have a couple acres.

I want to be retired if I could figure out health care. My DH retired last year but I'm enough years away that feels like forever. However, my vet bills are always substantial, we have 4 dogs & 4 cats. Most are elderly, I feel it is my responsibility to take good care of them as they live out their golden years.

Enjoy your day,
Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 06:23 AM  
Cher

Tuesday I did KCM’s new weight workout from Box Fit. I liked it. No workout yesterday. I slept like crap and didn’t feel like doing an early workout before going to WW and by the time DH left for work and I had a chance to do my workout, I was tired. Anyway, first time going back to WW since March 11. I lost 1.5#. Not much but at least it wasn’t a gain. That being said, I wondered if their scale was off??? I normally weigh myself before leaving to go to WW and my scale is normally about 2.5# lower then theirs. Today mine was 5# lower. I find that hard to believe. Anyway it was nice to be back and see a few of my friends. Of course everyone had to wear a mask and chairs were all spaced 6 feet apart.

DJ - Welcome! I usually try to spend anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour doing a workout. I mix and match different sections of different workouts depending on what I want accomplished and what I’m in the mood for. I like that Kathy Smith workout.

LAC - Yay on no crickets! Funny about taking a swim!

Waves to everyone else!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 02:29 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

LAC, happy you're cricket free, and got to sleep better. That's a lot of elliptical time!

Debbie, it's nice you have a couple of acres for all the cats and dogs! I took early retirement, and although I missed a lot of the people, I was so ready for it!

Cher, glad you liked the new KCM, and that you enjoyed the meeting.

Today I did 'the hundred' and got 100 done before my cat came to see why I was on the floor without him. I got up and did 20 minutes on the treadmill; later 11 minutes more. Then, I did a 5 minute warm up, followed by 15 Minute Fat Burner from Fabulous 50's. I followed that with Gina B's Soul Session, then CS waist with Miranda, then some yoga and qi gong on my own. The Gina B had old Motown (covers) and I love that music. Left me so happy!

Hi to everyone

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 03:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Paul Katami's Band Camp as well as the Stretch workout from his Fit in 15 DVD. While I've had Band Camp for years I'd never done the entire thing, but this time I did. ;-) He has you loop a flat small circular band around the bottom of the shoes, so you can work legs at the same time as upper body with regular tubing. Sort of like rubbing your belly while patting your head at the same time. I was anxious not having the flat loop and tried to use just a stretch latex band. Not very successful with this part of the workout, so just focused on upper body.

LAC, I thought that was a good one with the "swimming", too!

Cher, it's nice to hear your comments about Kelly's new DVDs! I have't gotten around to trying them out yet!

Terri, Motown would be a blast! I'm gonna have to find a clip of this one! Such fun and motivating music!

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 05:11 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

I needed a quick workout this morning, so did Petra Kolber's Dance Step followed by 30 minutes of PT exercises. I still have a few PT exercises to finish up this evening (about 10 minutes' worth).

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 03:08 AM  
dlb

Good morning,
Yesterday was another bust - 1/2 hour weeding, guess I'm getting burnt out.
So happy it is Friday, I'm in the mood for decluttering.

No big plans for the weekend, for me that means a visit to the vet.

Enjoy the day!

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 08:18 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Sorry ... forgot to say thanks for the welcome!

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile