Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-20, 07:51 PM  
soulflower

I didn't have pandemic goals, but I turned 49 in February and set a lot of life goals to achieve by 50. One of the goals was to lose 8-10 lbs, however, I stressed myself out so much that I quickly gained 3-5 lbs. I think I was having a mid-life crisis and didn't realize it. (2 days after my bday, I straightened my hair - and I hate it!) A few weeks ago, I said to myself that life doesn't end at 50 and decided to grant myself some grace. That's helped a lot.

I did decide with my extra time to increase my workout duration. It was going so-so, but I started getting up earlier last week and have been getting in longer workouts and that feels good!

My 15 y.o. DS has autism and has a pretty limited diet. So my only real pandemic goal was to get him to expand his diet. He's eating a few more things and I'm really proud of him for that!
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 07:00 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I feel bad for the kids. My nephew is a HS senior and prom and graduation are going to be virtual. Not sure how a virtual prom will work for a large class. My niece is a competitive cheerleader and her team was supposed to compete in a championship event in Florida last weekend. They worked so hard to get there, so it's disappointing.

Gams, I used to live in an area that had a lot of black bears that had no fear of people. They would come right up to the door and hang around in the yard. Friends and family were afraid to visit, so I finally ended up moving away because there were so many bears and nothing was being done about it. I hope you hear from DNR soon!
Old 05-09-20, 08:17 AM  
laurajhawk

It's great to hear all your goals and that so many of you are doing so well on them! We home-workout people definitely have an advantage in staying sane and healthy right now. I love you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
My only goal right now is to get rid of the bear that’s been hanging out at my house. I love bears - I just prefer to love them from a distance.
Gams, where are you? I'm in Northern Colorado and just heard that there have been a LOT of bears in Fort Collins this spring.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 12:47 PM  
TracyQ

While I’m working from home I had goals to take some computer courses but instead I’ve been spending my free time working out, stretching more and taking daily walks. I enjoy being active way more than learning technology

I too feel sorry for the high school and college kids. My nephew is a senior at George Washington University and was supposed to graduate this week. We had big plans for his graduation but now we aren’t doing much at all. It’s a huge letdown.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 11:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

Despite an injury and other drama, I have made serious headway with yardwork and decluttering. The decluttering was with the goal of creating a truly dedicated Shred Shed! No more multi purpose bonus room hiding and tucking my equipment away. I'm letting my fitness freak FLY! I still need to do something about window treatments and wall decor but the heavy lifting is done.

I had hoped to read some fiction books but so far that's just not going well. I keep restarting and giving up. I can only seem to do fitness and nutrition reads. They are easier to read in small spurts.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 03:50 AM  
Gams

Laura, I’m in northern Wisconsin.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 07:14 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm starting a blog and making videos, so I'm learning a lot about that. I've learned some about online communication tools. Then, I've used them in various situations. And, I'm doing a lot of art jounaling and am learning a lot on that front.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 09:29 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Our day-to-day life hasn't changed much, though I can tell that there's an increase in my underlying stress levels.
This. I have been going in to work every day, and my husband is still working as well (at home, in the office, and in the field). We are also homebodies, so our life hasn't changed much. That being said, it's been stressful seeing the changes made at my work, hearing the updates on how many people are staying home due to possible COVID (both directly and indirectly for people that work next to those people), and it's been very stressful for me to see about four repair jobs on our list when I work in a service department of seven. Especially when this is our busy season. Thankfully we have managed to keep ourselves busy with other projects so people aren't left with nothing to do (screwing around at work has increased more, too, especially with the boss working from home LOL).

I have been inconsistently consistent with my workouts. I walk every day during my breaks at work, and I may or may not get a formal workout in at home. I have spent a lot more time on my rebounder because it relaxes me both physically and mentally, and I have been focusing more on yoga than any other workout right now.

My goals? To work on consistency as it is always an issue for me. I also want to focus on my mental health and develop more cardiovascular endurance because I want to get out there and start hiking more. I aim to spend time on my rebounder every single day, even if it's just 15 minutes. And I aim to get in, as Laura so wonderfully calls it, yoga every damn day. The best part about yoga is there are so many varieties to suit my needs...more active, more gentle, more stretchy, etc.

My final goal is to come out of this on the other end in good shape mentally and physically, and not be an alcoholic LOL.
Old 05-17-20, 12:36 PM  
warriorprincess

A happy side effect of shelter-at-home is that I've totally mastered keeping the pool clear!

Years ago, we received bad advice about maintaining the pool by dumping gallons of chlorine in a couple of times a week, and it was a constant battle to keep the algae away, rarely being in a good state during peak swimming season.

So, in an attempt to learn how to maintain the pool with powders and tablets that I can order online, I have learned how to do it much more easily and it has been crystal clear for weeks! No more weekly runs to pick up heavy and messy chlorine for me.

Sometimes we need a kick in the pants to question something that's been on automatic for years.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 12:46 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I love to make my own jewelry and do other DIY crafts. I hadn't made anything since August.

I made a goal of some kind of craft project every day in May. I'm keeping up so far!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, goals