Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-19, 02:53 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Exclamation Gadget Flashback: *Homemade* Mini Step Topper

I can't even remember how long ago this was a hot topic of discussion. When the mini step topper was introduced, not everyone want to shell out the cash. Someone posted instructions on how to build your own if you had an extra full-sized step to spare.

I had a full size one that was defective, but perfect for miniaturization. The ever-handy DH made it. Sure, there are bolts and glue to be seen, but it didn't cost us a dime and still works fine. I call it my Frankenstein step.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 03:58 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I remember that! Although not when.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 06:53 PM  
unfetteredpast

I bought one from someone on this site many years ago -- someone who was capable enough to make one. If I attempted this, it would look like one of those pinterest fails. I eventually bought a real one when Cathe started selling them. I frequently use both for fitness and non-fitness things. (The non-fitness things usually involve a ladder and a lack of good sense.)
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 01:20 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Yes, I still have one that DH made for me. I have since bought 2 actual mini toppers.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 01:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i coveted one for years. in 2015 i found one at Savers for $3.99. i hemmed and hawed about getting it, then i went back that week to buy it. it's very useful.

i still want slanted risers.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 01:45 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfetteredpast View Post
I bought one from someone on this site many years ago -- someone who was capable enough to make one. If I attempted this, it would look like one of those pinterest fails. I eventually bought a real one when Cathe started selling them. I frequently use both for fitness and non-fitness things. (The non-fitness things usually involve a ladder and a lack of good sense.)
LOL on the lack of good sense. As a safety professional I have seen much more questionable objects used as step stools but please never put a ladder on top of a step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i lusted after one for years. in 2015 i found one at Savers for $3.99. i hemmed and hawed about getting it, then i went back that week to buy it. it's very useful.

i still want slanted risers.
That is quite a bargain. I paid full price for my small step.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gadget flashback, high step, high step topper, mini step topper, step topper