Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-13, 09:53 PM  
leopard

A good eyelash curler makes all the difference! Not any curler will do, though. I got my first curler (like this one) around your daughter's age and I found it was too big for my eyes.

My cousin recommended Shiseido, an Asian beauty brand, and I've been using it ever since. I can't live without it!

Another tip--heating the curler makes a big difference and helps the curl hold. I use a hair dryer to heat my curler for a couple seconds. Just be careful not to burn yourself!
leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-13, 07:06 PM  
SEV

Leg Make-up?

Does anyone know of a good leg make-up? My son's wedding is coming up and I was planning to wear hose, cuz I have red, white and blue legs .

But, if I could not wear hose, that would be great!

Thanks!
Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-13, 10:01 PM  
ldj

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I use Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs and it works. Everything that needs to be covered is covered. It comes in different shades.

http://www.amazon.com/Airbrush-Legs-...%27s+leg+spray

Hope this helps

Lara
ldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-13, 11:43 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm self-conscious about my legs too and in the past I've used DermaBlend but it's way too heavy, like wearing pancake makeup on your legs.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-13, 11:58 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Wow, I had no idea leg make-up even existed. When I was a teenager back in the '60s (and my mom was an Avon Lady) they sold leg makeup that I thought was the coolest thing ever. I wanted to try it and paid for some with my own money, but it was gooey and streaky and I remember not using nearly all of it up.

A spray makes a lot more sense. But I have to admit, these days, even at my advanced age, my legs are the last place I'd use makeup--I don't know what I was thinking back then.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 07:41 AM  
altinker

I thought that It Cosmetics had something that would also help you if you wanted to paint in calf definition. Not sure if it would paint your legs to even out the tone.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 09:20 AM  
Malia

I second Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs - use it all the time for weddings or any other time I wear dresses and my legs are showing. You can get it at Target - I want to say the last time I bought it the price was $8-$9. I think it was by the nail accessories (other Sally Hansen products)
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 09:43 AM  
krissysmom

Estee Lauder Camouflage Face and Body Foundation is good for spot covering. This is the only face foundation I will use but it's good for body spots also. It's pricey though $33.50. I love it!

http://www.esteelauder.com/product/6...-_-Null-_-Null
krissysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 10:10 AM  
Aunt Famous

I third Sally Hansen. I have a skin tone approximating the color of copy paper, and Airbrush Legs covers evenly and looks very natural. It has a little shimmer, too, that's quite flattering.
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 04:17 PM  
zoegirl

Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting, available at QVC or Ulta.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, beauty, beauty thread, beauty tips, clarisonic, gum surgery, natural skin care, off-topic, paula's choice, skin care